Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: nord's gathering
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
rhodyguy
spoke with james yesterday. wear your BEST, LOUD shirt. no doubt nord would appreciate the humor. shorts and sandals are one thing but a funky shirt should dress the whole thing up a bit. wear em' if you gots them.

k
76-914
This looks to be headed in the correct direction. I remember Lew's service was humorous and fun. No pity party, just a celebration of a persons life. aktion035.gif
aircooledtechguy
QUOTE(76-914 @ Aug 17 2014, 07:33 AM) *

This looks to be headed in the correct direction. I remember Lew's service was humorous and fun. No pity party, just a celebration of a persons life. aktion035.gif

As it should be!! beerchug.gif
JRust
I'll be there in spirit guys! Wish I could make it up but I just can't swing it. Make it a great sendoff beerchug.gif
greenie
I'm in!

I've been saving one for just such an occasion.

Kelty and I are driving our teeners, I have an empty seat if someone needs a ride.
messix
QUOTE(greenie @ Aug 17 2014, 10:03 AM) *

I'm in!

I've been saving one for just such an occasion.

Kelty and I are driving our teeners, I have an empty seat if someone needs a ride.

same here from Everett area
messix
should we convoy up? meet at the Arlington rest stop?
rhodyguy
troy, 1st meet up is Mccollum park east of the 128th st exit at 1. next is the burlington costco (gas pumps) at 2. i plan on leaving home 11:30.

k
greenie
QUOTE(messix @ Aug 17 2014, 08:26 AM) *

should we convoy up? meet at the Arlington rest stop?

Sure.

Meet in Arlington at 1: 15 ???
greenie
QUOTE(rhodyguy @ Aug 17 2014, 09:11 AM) *

troy, 1st meet up is Mccollum park east of the 128th st exit at 1. next is the burlington costco (gas pumps) at 2. i plan on leaving home 11:30.

k

Mans got a plan!
rhodyguy
unless i have to go to the bathroom, i don't plan on stoping anywhere other than costco. if i'm early i plan on filling up so i don't have to stop and pay a fortune for fuel on the drive home. you can't make it to island crossing in 15 minutes. you WILL get a ticket if you guys are blasting thru marysville! you WIll get sited! 70mph is just up the road a bit. a speeding ticket should have a "breakfast for all!" penalty next time we get together. fill a restaurant, and everyone have T-bones for breakfast.

k
greenie
QUOTE(rhodyguy @ Aug 17 2014, 09:18 AM) *

unless i have to go to the bathroom, i don't plan on stoping anywhere other than costco. if i'm early i plan on filling up so i don't have to stop and pay a fortune for fuel on the drive home. you can't make it to island crossing in 15 minutes. you WILL get a ticket if you guys are blasting thru marysville! you WIll get sited! 70mph is just up the road a bit. a speeding ticket should have a "breakfast for all!" penalty next time we get together. fill a restaurant, and everyone have T-bones for breakfast.

k

Get off my lawn!!!
messix
QUOTE(rhodyguy @ Aug 17 2014, 11:18 AM) *

you can't make it to island crossing in 15 minutes.k

your right.... from Riches house it's 20
PanelBilly
I was holding off on deciding about making the trip to see how Julie was doing with the latest Chemo treatment. Well I'm not going to be joining you guys. She's become very dependent and I've got a shadow following me around where ever I go. We can't risk her coming in contact with anyone who has a cold right now, so I wouldn't bring her along. I'll be wearing my Hawaiian shirt in Nord's memory tomorrow. Drive safe
Mike Bellis
I never met Nord but it is hard to loose any of the members here.

God Speed Nord! I will be there in spirit.
rhodyguy
it's alright billy. you'll be there in spirit. stay away from as many people as you can. if julie is feeling poorly she might consider alternative meds.
KELTY360
I'm in, although it's a tough call picking the right shirt to honor our friend Nord.
aircooledtechguy
I'll be there for sure, but I don't even own a shirt like that. Way too manly for my girly @$$.
speed metal army
I have to work, but I will wear the gaudiest loudest one I can find. I will make a point of driving my little green demon as well. beerchug.gif to Nord!
helios
Taking half day off of work for this. Hope to see you guys there. Knowing Nord's outgoing personality...I suspect there will be A LOT of people there. Hope to catch up with some of you all.
messix
Here
JRust
QUOTE(messix @ Aug 18 2014, 04:48 PM) *

Here

Love it man. Wish I could have been there. A fitting tribute guys beerchug.gif . Nords is smiling & laughing along with you
aircooledtechguy
My son and I just got home from Nords farewell gathering. We all met at Burlington Costco and cruised up Chuckanut drive in Nords memory to the service at the Squalicum Boathouse. If you had ever had the pleasure of knowing Nord, you could assume that it would be well attended. . . Well that would be an understatement!! The official service was standing room only after extra chairs were brought in even. A real fitting tribute to a well loved and admired man.

One of his sons had driven his silver 914 to the service and asked if we all would want to drive in a procession over to his house for a GTG as a tribute to his dad's love of the cars. That was fitting and really meant a lot to his family.

At the GTG at Nord's house, his car friends showed up in full force with at least 20 total cars of all stripes including a Sunbeam Tiger, an Allard, BMW, all our 914s and several of his autoX friends from the Chuckanut Sports Car Club.

I think since most folks who knew Nord had 10 days or so to come to terms with the shock of his sudden loss, the mood was definitely more celebratory a reminiscent with folks telling stories of Nord rather than sad. Nords mom and his sons really expressed their sincere appreciation for our coming out in force to support them and celebrate our friend, their Dad and her son.

I don't think I could have had a more fitting farewell for my friend and for me, it really helped me say goodbye to Nord. beerchug.gif
sixnotfour

agree.gif
QUOTE(JRust @ Aug 18 2014, 05:16 PM) *

QUOTE(messix @ Aug 18 2014, 04:48 PM) *

Here

Love it man. Wish I could have been there. A fitting tribute guys beerchug.gif . Nords is smiling & laughing along with you

agree.gif RIP Nord ........................
KELTY360
Nate described it perfectly.

Seven 914s made a tribute run on Chuckanut Drive, a fabled NW road that runs along the edged of a cliff looking out towards the San Juan Islands. I found out today that Nord loved this stretch and ran it frequently. If you catch it without traffic it's a hoot! It was such a fitting way to celebrate our friend.

Click to view attachment

It was great to see Nord's car among the 914s. For myself, I'm so grateful for my 914, because without it I would never have met Nord and gotten to experience his friendship and passionate approach to living.

Click to view attachment

Rest in Peace my friend.
messix
I feel very strongly that we should and will have a annual "Nord run".

3rd Saturday in august to run up to artist point or just a chuckanut run up and lunch.
messix
well said miscreant. shades.gif
KELTY360
QUOTE(messix @ Aug 18 2014, 08:18 PM) *

3rd Saturday in august to run up to artist point or just a chuckanut run up and lunch.

Gaudy shirts required.
messix
with out question! slap.gif
championgt1
Click to view attachment
championgt1
Click to view attachment
championgt1
Click to view attachment

Great turnout. Nord was smiling for sure! RIP
6freak
QUOTE(KELTY360 @ Aug 18 2014, 09:27 PM) *

Gaudy shirts required.

I mentioned that to Jim last night, its a great idea troy .... chowtime.gif Maple sausage in B ham for the AM meeting point
smile.gif
KELTY360
QUOTE(6freak @ Aug 19 2014, 05:48 AM) *

QUOTE(KELTY360 @ Aug 18 2014, 09:27 PM) *

Gaudy shirts required.

I mentioned that to Jim last night, its a great idea troy .... chowtime.gif Maple sausage in B ham for the AM meeting point
smile.gif

Nate mentioned that a Chuckanut run with a BBQ at his shop in Anacortes would be fun.
helios
I know the perfect little breakfast/lunch joint should we follow through with this.

Ironically it's at the marina where the official service was held at. Web Locker, we rolled past it on the way out. wink.gif

Hell, I'd be down to do this even if only 1 or 2 people showed up for it.
greenie

It was an absolutely perfect send-off for Nord.

A few tears were shed but many more laughs.

It was interesting to learn more about Nord and the great life he lived.

Nord's family were great hosts, his son Paul asked to go along the next time we have a get together, they were so appreciative of all the support.

Artist Point run in the fall!
Mr.242
Nicely done PNW 914ers!! I'd entertain a fall run up there in memory and celebration.
rhodyguy
someone REALLY needs to fix their brake lights. BOTH of them! noted on the drive home.

k
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.