Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Suspension Reinforcement
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
3d914
OK, just started making patterns for the rear suspension/long reinforcements and came across this. Is this a factory reinforcement or has somebody already started their own?

Pic is from under the left side wheel well.
Click to view attachment
3d914
Another question I have about welding the reinforcement. As shown in the pic, is it better to have the edge of the weld (yellow) stop at the edge of the radius (like A) or have the metal (magenta) stop at the edge of the radius and weld over the radius?

I realize the radius is likely a little thinner due to stretching - hence the question.
Click to view attachment
3d914
QUOTE(3d914 @ Aug 17 2014, 12:09 PM) *

OK, just started making patterns for the rear suspension/long reinforcements and came across this. Is this a factory reinforcement or has somebody already started their own?

Click to view attachment

OK, it looks like I've been able to determine that this is a factory reinforcement - I was able to check on a couple other cars.

If anyone finds out otherwise - let me know.
peteyd
QUOTE(3d914 @ Aug 18 2014, 11:09 AM) *

QUOTE(3d914 @ Aug 17 2014, 12:09 PM) *

Click to view attachment

OK, it looks like I've been able to determine that this is a factory reinforcement - I was able to check on a couple other cars.

If anyone finds out otherwise - let me know.

You are right! they are factory reinforcements. I have several NOS pieces still.

Are you looking for both sides? I could possibly sell you some if you want.

Pete
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.