Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: WTB: Dizzy Restoration Services
914World.com > The 914 Forums > Classified Forums > FS/WTB: 914 Parts
BeatNavy
Consensus seems to be my wandering dwell is probably caused by worn distributor shaft. Can anybody recommend someone who provides this service? I've got a 72 1.7L stock FI, and I assume the dizzy is the one that's stock with that setup, although I've not checked the number.

If I can't get my dizzy restored I'll look to buy one that has been restored or is in good shape.

TIA
Krieger
Jerry Woods Enterprises did mine for my 6 cylinder. I don't know if he does 4 or not, but maybe he'd know.
BeatNavy
QUOTE(Krieger @ Aug 17 2014, 10:16 PM) *

Jerry Woods Enterprises did mine for my 6 cylinder. I don't know if he does 4 or not, but maybe he'd know.

Cool, thanks Andy. Found his website. I see contact info (and some cool pictures), but not much else. I'll reach out and see what options they offer.

Thanks again.

rob
mapguy
Can you report your findings? I might also be interested in his services.
potomacmidget
Hi,

I can't speak for our 914 dizzy, but I have a MG midget as my other toy, and whenever I have dizzy questions Jeff always seems to have the answer. I copied his contact information below. You can find him on the MG experience boards.

jeff@advanceddistributors.com

BeatNavy
QUOTE(potomacmidget @ Aug 22 2014, 12:03 AM) *

Hi,

I can't speak for our 914 dizzy, but I have a MG midget as my other toy, and whenever I have dizzy questions Jeff always seems to have the answer. I copied his contact information below. You can find him on the MG experience boards.

jeff@advanceddistributors.com

Thanks, I sent Jeff an email. I found a place in New Mexico that specializes in Porsche distributors. They are an option, but it's $385. Jeff quotes $100 to $400.

Whatever I do I'll report back with results.
mapguy
Thanks guys!

Contact info filed. Curious to hear what you find out, Rob.

Jeff
914bub
QUOTE(mapguy @ Aug 22 2014, 08:43 PM) *

Thanks guys!

Contact info filed. Curious to hear what you find out, Rob.

Jeff

Contact Glenn Ring. He's amazing with Bosch distributers

http://www.glenn-ring.com/bosch/
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.