Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Cool stuff : Patrick Long at Monterey Historics
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
ThePaintedMan
I've always appreciated Patrick's precision and very deliberate driving style. Even cooler when he gets to do some vintage driving.gif

Almost has a moment at 5:26, but keeps his cool.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Nm79A8hvDQ8
URY914
He does have the world's best job.

I wonder if he regrets not getting into Indy Cars like some of the others that came up thru the minor leagues with him. I bet a monthly pay check from Porsche Ag. helps a lot.
race914
Thanks for posting the video. So cool Patrick is so active in Vintage racing. I just saw another video of him driving Chuckwalla

I was at Laguna when he drove the Panamera with Tommy Kendall for Tommy's old Speed Channel show. Fun watching a pro that drives for his hobby as well!

An aside, Did you notice #75, the Porsche Platypus in the video? Patrick passed him between 8 & 9. Sports Racer with Porsche power.

I've run SCCA Vintage events with that car and it so very unique. I try to buy it every time I see him! But he isn't selling...
Ferg
He drove both of Alan's cars. He hung with us at the pits all weekend (I was helping out all weekend). Had lunch with him on Friday, super cool guy, drove his own 86 Carrera to the track.

Here's a pic of him getting ready for the RSR

Ferg
My photo bomb of Patrick, Hurley, and Johan discussing Rennsport Reunion

Dave_Darling
He co-drove one of the Bird Racing Board's regular's early 911 a year or two ago. Around Big Willow, I believe? He had that car dancing on the edge of adhesion the whole time--including a fair bit of sideways driving. (Look for a thread entitled something like "My darned co-driver"; it has the video embedded in it.)

--DD
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.