Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Show me your front spoilers!
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
dudzy's914
I would like to see your front spoilers to help me decide on what I want to do for my 75. Combinations? Just post your pictures and a description of your spoiler(s). Preferably 75-76's. Maybe a black 75-76 with a LE front spoiler?

***Will a LE spoiler allow enough air under the car? (I have a 75 2.0l)
***And, will a LE spoiler fit directly to a 75? Or will there be cutting/fab needed?
StratPlayer
76 LE spoiler
hblyle
Click to view attachment
MoveQik
Never mind. Pic deleted. I just realized you wanted to see them with the big bumpers. Mine are backdated.
streetrover
QUOTE(dudzy's914 @ Aug 18 2014, 11:04 AM) *

I would like to see your front spoilers to help me decide on what I want to do for my 75. Combinations? Just post your pictures and a description of your spoiler(s). Preferably 75-76's.

My custom-made spoiler. Channels air through radiator for V8.

IPB Image
dudzy's914
Thinking something like this,
Is this an LE spoiler?
Bruce Hinds
Here's Flex Dam with a cut out for the radiator-
Click to view attachment
Click to view attachment
speed metal army
One more vote for flexdam! 914 rubber.com has em.
Click to view attachment
dudzy's914
The Flexdams seem to be a little too big. The rubber makes it look just a little too big. If the rubber was removable I would consider it though. Is it removable?
poorsche914
QUOTE(dudzy's914 @ Aug 18 2014, 04:40 PM) *
Is this an LE spoiler?

Yes, it is.

driving.gif
dudzy's914
Anybody have a picture of a black 75-76 with a LE spoiler?
Porschef
QUOTE(dudzy's914 @ Aug 18 2014, 04:40 PM) *

Is this an LE spoiler?

That's an LE spoiler. About as good as you're gonna dress up yer BUB's. It don't look half bad at all.
poorsche914
QUOTE(dudzy's914 @ Aug 18 2014, 08:35 PM) *

Here ya go...
Click to view attachment

driving.gif
dudzy's914
QUOTE(poorsche914 @ Aug 18 2014, 08:56 PM) *

QUOTE(dudzy's914 @ Aug 18 2014, 08:35 PM) *

Here ya go...
Click to view attachment

driving.gif

Thanks!
Trying to find a picture of the front now.
wndsnd
I like em naked with little titties for the torsion bars biggrin.gif

John
dudzy's914
QUOTE(wndsnd @ Aug 18 2014, 09:16 PM) *

I like em naked with little titties for the torsion bars biggrin.gif

John

huh.gif
Krieger
I remember some people claiming there is an engine cooling issue for four cylinder cars using spoilers like this. The claim is that the LE airdam is raised up in the center allowing enough air under the car to hit the black plastic deflectors on the underside of the car to help draw air through the engine.
dudzy's914
QUOTE(Krieger @ Aug 18 2014, 09:58 PM) *

I remember some people claiming there is an engine cooling issue for four cylinder cars using spoilers like this. The claim is that the LE airdam is raised up in the center allowing enough air under the car to hit the black plastic deflectors on the underside of the car to help draw air through the engine.

Your talking about the Flexdams? But the LE should be fine?
Bruce Hinds
Air under the car is definitely a consideration for aircooled cars . . .
dudzy's914
Thanks guys!
I have decided, now I have a few questions,(up top).
1stworks
One more FG front bumper with flex.

IPB Image
Krieger
The LE air dam is fine for air flow and screws in to the stock locations. Do a search for air dams and engine cooling to find the older threads on this subject.
AZ914
QUOTE(Krieger @ Aug 18 2014, 06:58 PM) *

I found this to be true. Back when I had a 2.0/4, I was running a 'deep' LE-style spoiler and was running hot. At some point I decided to change to a regular LE and my temps went down. This was on a motor without any external oil cooler.
dudzy's914
I'm not doing the deep one. Just wondering if my engine will run hot with a "shallow?" LE spoiler
Mikey914
You can run the flexdam without the rubber, or even modify the rubber by cutting. I've run mine without the rubber and it's fine. The LE looks good two, so really its a matter of preference. The airflow wasn't an issue for me, but I'm not running mine hard, and it's not my daily driver, so if it's really hot, I'm not driving it.
dudzy's914
QUOTE(Mikey914 @ Aug 20 2014, 09:43 AM) *

You can run the flexdam without the rubber, or even modify the rubber by cutting. I've run mine without the rubber and it's fine. The LE looks good two, so really its a matter of preference. The airflow wasn't an issue for me, but I'm not running mine hard, and it's not my daily driver, so if it's really hot, I'm not driving it.

Do you have a picture of your Flexdams with out the rubber?
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.