Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Camber issue
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
akellym
I’m having a camber issue with the front and back of my 73 914. Here’s the alignment specs:

Front left: -0.5
Front right: -0.9
Rear left: -1.5
Rear right: -1.9

The shop says there is no more adjustment left on the front, so what are my options? The rear I’m assuming I can just add shims… Any help would be great, thanks!
matthepcat
QUOTE(akellym @ Aug 18 2014, 11:34 AM) *

I’m having a camber issue with the front and back of my 73 914. Here’s the alignment specs:

The shop says there is no more adjustment left on the front, so what are my options? The rear I’m assuming I can just add shims… Any help would be great, thanks!

Those numbers are ok in the front, but the rear is a bit aggressive. As long as you don't have any toe, you should not cook your tires with some negative camber. Shims should correct the rear camber issue.

Matt

akellym
QUOTE(matthepcat @ Aug 18 2014, 01:51 PM) *

QUOTE(akellym @ Aug 18 2014, 11:34 AM) *

Those numbers are ok in the front, but the rear is a bit aggressive. As long as you don't have any toe, you should not cook your tires with some negative camber. Shims should correct the rear camber issue.

Matt

There was to much toe and that has been corrected. I just wanted to make sure I'm not going to wreck the new tires going to RRC next month.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.