Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Steering Wheel Tab Orientation
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
lsintampa
So there is a tab that sticks out from the steering wheel hub. I assume it is meant to turn the signals off after you turn.

Since neither of my turn signals ever turn off, I'm thinking I don't have that tab in the correct location.

I think I put it at about 6 o'clock - not sure if that's correct or not????
914Mike
QUOTE(lsintampa @ Aug 18 2014, 12:22 PM) *

So there is a tab that sticks out from the steering wheel hub. I assume it is meant to turn the signals off after you turn.

Since neither of my turn signals ever turn off, I'm thinking I don't have that tab in the correct location.

I think 3 o'clock, opposite the turn signal switch.
malcolm2
QUOTE(lsintampa @ Aug 18 2014, 02:22 PM) *

I had the same issue. It was a PO thing. IIRC the tap should go the the same side as the blinkers..... maybe opposite... blink.gif

You could probably figure it out. Look at what is left on the column when the wheel is off and see if you can tell what the tab hits to turn the blinkers off. Dry fit the wheel in different positions 'til it resets the blinker lever as you rotate the wheel back to straight, then move the tab and re-install the wheel.

Clark
malcolm2
my steering wheel is off and I do see that the tab to reset the turn signal should be at 3 o'clock as mike stated. shades.gif the lever pushes another tab in towards the center of the column and as the tab on the wheel goes by it, it pushes the other tab back in, resetting the lever and turning off the blinker.
lsintampa
QUOTE(malcolm2 @ Aug 18 2014, 07:37 PM) *

my steering wheel is off and I do see that the tab to reset the turn signal should be at 3 o'clock as mike stated. shades.gif the lever pushes another tab in towards the center of the column and as the tab on the wheel goes by it, it pushes the other tab back in, resetting the lever and turning off the blinker.

Great - thanks - will check it out tomorrow - I'm sure I put it at 6 o'clock.... duh
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.