Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Replacement chassis ID plate?
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
IanS
I tried a search but did not get good results.
Does someone sell a replacement Karmann chassis plate for the driver front door jamb that identifies the chassis and paint codes?
Mine got clipped during media blasting and instantly pitted and scuffed. It's still readable but really not good looking.
I know how to get a replacement compliance sticker but is there a replacement available for that Karmann plate?
peteyd
QUOTE(IanS @ Aug 18 2014, 12:41 PM) *

I tried a search but did not get good results.
Does someone sell a replacement Karmann chassis plate for the driver front door jamb that identifies the chassis and paint codes?
Mine got clipped during media blasting and instantly pitted and scuffed. It's still readable but really not good looking.
I know how to get a replacement compliance sticker but is there a replacement available for that Karmann plate?

try http://aasesales.com
IanS
Whoa that site is cool but doesn't look like they have the 914 one. The 356 one is awfully close. I sent them an email to see if I was just missing it.
sbsix
Sierra Madre Collection sells the Karmann plate, so does La Jolla Independant in La Jolla California. The same Karmann plate was used in the BMW 3.0 CS series.
bandjoey
On ebay, saw them yesterday.
GeorgeRud
I see AA has reproductions available for $29.95
IanS
Wow thanks for all the responses, good stuff!
sbsix
Ian, I have an extra Karmann plate and if I remember correctly, it has a small flaw in it. Let me know if you're interested in it and I'll dig it out and send you a picture. I paid $20 for it some time ago and I'd sell it for that, including postage.
sbsix
Forgot to add, that it's a reproduction and I bought it from Carl Nelson at La Jolla Independant for my BMW 3.0 CSL, which I no longer own.
IanS
shoot I already ordered one from somewhere else. Thanks though!
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.