Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Looking for Help Picking a Name
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
iiibdsiil
Guys (and gals) I need your help.

I am thinking about starting a small little part time business, basically installing parts for people (read: kids 16-21) on their cars. I.E. cold air intakes, exhaust systems, radios, whatever. The whole idea is to only work on the weekends, because that is the only time I can be at my warehouse to work, but that's not important anyways.

I'm not really trying to establish like a real business, just something better than "take it to this dude I know." I want to be able to have a website, and business cards. Since I have low (read: no) overhead, I want to charge reasonable rates. Basically, I want some punk kid with his Civic to be able to ask me to install his tail lights and cold air intake for like $30 or $40.

I don't expect business to boom, and I will be more than happy to turn away business, I am just looking to make a couple extra bucks that may go towards mod money, or IPB Image treating the wife to dinner and what not.

My income sucks now, mom does give me some spending money, but I honestly would like to accomplish something and make some money for myself, and do something I like.

So, back to the point of this thread...

I need a name for it.

I figure something with Racing, Performance, Motorsports, or Speed is required, since that usually makes kids jump.

I initially thought like BDS Performance, which is my initials, but bdsperformance.com is taken, and I don't want a .net or a hypen. Seems like it would be too difficult to have to explain to people how it works. For instance BDSpeed, which then I have to say "Leave off the second S for savings!" or something stupid like that.

So, if ya'll could help, I would love it, then I will delete the thread afterwards, so no one steals any ideas, LOL.
iiibdsiil
And I am ready for the Door Locks Racing, keeping whores behind locked doors comments. IPB Image
bondo
You're married? When did that happen?

How about RiceWorks Motorsports? IPB Image

Be careful, once you have a name, letterhead, business cards, etc. then you're technically supposed to have a ficticious name statement, pay taxes, etc.
Joe Bob
Rice R Us.....

Have a little Geoffrey doll with bifocals as yer logo....

WTTEG
White Trailer Trash Engineering Group.
iiibdsiil
Not married, my buds and I call each others girls our wives. Although I am with the one I want to marry, but that's another thread.

I will keep track of everything, so in the even that something does occur, I will just play dumb. Worst case, I have to pay some taxes and I'll stop the name.
Lou W
If your first name was Ronnie, you call it "Rice A Ronnie" IPB Image
r_towle
PTG performance group.
PTG (part time guy)

Cahgo performance

MCGF upgrades
(Make car go fast)

WOM Upgrades
Waste of money

WMF engineering and performance
We makem fast
spare time toys
Go 2 Guys Garage IPB Image
seanery
are you a drug user?

if so, how 'bout speed balls? IPB Image
Part Pricer
How about "Tax Evasion Performance"? IPB Image
scotty b
IPB Image Kwik N Slick.........the Willy brothers performance shop. You drop it off and will stick it to ya!! IPB Image
iiibdsiil
You guys aren't be much help...

What about if I said I will sell some 914 stuff? Will that get this on the road? Lol.
scotty b
IPB Image What did you expect from us?? IPB Image Cheap and easy customs.You buy it and we'll MAKE it fit!!
GTeener
Racing Performance Motorsport Speed Guy IPB Image

Speed Racing Performance Motorsports

Racing Speed Performance Motorsports

Performance Racing Speed Motorsports

Looks Fast Motorsports

Phat Motorsports

Part Time Motorsports

Performance Guy

Covert Car Works
Aaron Cox
MCMGH racing.....

Mom Caught Me Getting Head IPB Image
scotty b
Back pocket customs?
Fast Underground Kustoms Dominating Import Race Scene.............FUKDIRS IPB Image IPB Image IPB Image
Cash under the table imports?? rocking nana.gif
914werke
How about "Hiemie's Hot rods" IPB Image
r_towle
Budget Racing
Poh boys Racing

Midnight Auto (myfavorite)
scotty b
Moonlight Makeovers that prepares you for a Discovery Channel show!
Monkey Motorwerks was one I seriously considerd for myself
Mr.C
How about "3rd Gear V-tec Yo!" Don't know exactly what it means, but my guess is that's where the rice starts to boil. See it all the time on the rice forum I visit.
nebreitling
lmfao aaron!

i like Locked Door Racing
(seriously, i think it's cool, and you've got a story)

other than that:

ALYGF Modz (act like you're going fast)
MMGMTSBNT,BAIWIAOISS Parts (my mom gave me this stupid brand new truck, but all i want is an old impala ss)

i'm sure i'll think of more...
iiibdsiil
Locked Door Racing is kinda sounding good, lol. I don't know if the wifey will like that though...
nebreitling
the unlocked door incident was with her, right?
iiibdsiil
Yeah, the having sex sex.

Mom walked in me with the one two before her on the getting head...

I just don't think she would appreciate "What the hell does your name mean anyways?" and me being like "well, that's a long story."
Thorshammer
Well the name has to say what you do according to my marketing classes, but it can't be too long. Also, if you specialize these days it is easier. Like:

Cool air for you

Racing is played,Motorsports you are not a full service shop, and you don't race do you? So you are into speed and sport and looks of course. So maybe SSL or SLS perfomance

Speed, sport and looks or SSL

Speedsport

Speed upgrades or just SpeedUP

Whether you guys call this work ricer or sushi or whatever, he needs a name that will be easy to remember and maybe he could turn it into a full time business in a couple years.

Are you known for anything besides getting caught doing the deed, and what does she look like cause if she is not that good looking , its kind of like riding a moped, its cool until one of your friends sees you on it.

Tampa Speed and Sport or TSS encompases where you are, what you do. or Speed & Sport I think you stay with these two and you will be in the ball park.

Erik
Aaron Cox
QUOTE (nebreitling @ Jan 24 2005, 08:50 PM)
lmfao aaron!

i like Locked Door Racing
(seriously, i think it's cool, and you've got a story)

other than that:

ALYGF Modz (act like you're going fast)
MMGMTSBNT,BAIWIAOISS Parts (my mom gave me this stupid brand new truck, but all i want is an old impala ss)

i'm sure i'll think of more...

"unlocked potential" IPB Image
scotty b
IPB Image full moon customs IPB Image IPB Image
nebreitling
"heads up racing"

"untapped performance"

and my favorite,,, "Oedipus Modifications" IPB Image

man, you are never gonna live that down...
IPB Image
Aaron Cox
QUOTE (nebreitling @ Jan 25 2005, 01:13 PM)
"untapped performance"

nathan,

enclosed is a bill for a new laptop keyboard, because i snotted with seven up after reading that IPB Image IPB Image IPB Image IPB Image IPB Image
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.