Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Putting it all together
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
mrholland2
Okay.

My car is going to arrive back from paint on Wednesday. piratenanner.gif Doors and trunk lids on and basically nothing else (no seals) (roller).

Assuming that I will replace all of the calipers and shocks/struts, can someone tell me what to put on first, second etc. . . wacko.gif

Yes, I'm going to beg for help eventually and provide seared mammal flesh and beverages to all those willing to help, but I'm sure there's little stuff I can do so we have maximum effective wrench time and more relaxed flesh consumption time. beer3.gif

Thanks!

Sean
malcolm2
I have not taken mine that far, but I wonder if it is advisable to install doors, trunks, etc... WITHOUT seals. Seems like you run the risk of chipping the pretty paint.

Clark
mrholland2
QUOTE(malcolm2 @ Aug 19 2014, 08:25 AM) *

I have not taken mine that far, but I wonder if it is advisable to install doors, trunks, etc... WITHOUT seals. Seems like you run the risk of chipping the pretty paint.

Clark

Not sure. . but that's done already
colingreene
Man if you were closer id come help!
PanelBilly
You can look at my thread. I basically posted as each step was complete. Although if you get to the part where you're installing the engine, you will have passed me.
Do fuel lines, suspension and brake system first.
mrholland2
QUOTE(PanelBilly @ Aug 19 2014, 02:04 PM) *

You can look at my thread. I basically posted as each step was complete. Although if you get to the part where you're installing the engine, you will have passed me.
Do fuel lines, suspension and brake system first.

wiring harness before or after those?
PanelBilly
Doesn't matter. Just do wire before fuel tank and hvac
napasteve
Sean, what color are did you go with? Did you stick with the Olympic Blue???
PanelBilly
Do you need to have a blue car to post to this thread?
speed metal army
QUOTE(PanelBilly @ Aug 19 2014, 08:48 PM) *

No. biggrin.gif
Phoenix914
QUOTE(PanelBilly @ Aug 19 2014, 11:48 PM) *

bye1.gif Blue car.

It seems amazing that we completely disassemble and reassemble these cars. Not that I have done it, but I've taken a lot of stuff out and put it back in.

I'll keep an eye on your reassembly progress and be, as usual regarding these restoration threads, just a bit envious.

beer.gif
mrholland2
QUOTE(napasteve @ Aug 19 2014, 08:40 PM) *

Sean, what color are did you go with? Did you stick with the Olympic Blue???

No, I went with an available version of 1973 Porsche 911 Lime green.

I'll take a photo of the painted roller when I get it home tonight.

It's not a "perfect" paint job; it is a 3K driver job which means there are probably a few minor ripples. .BUT they properly fixed much and eliminated the warts!!!
mrholland2
QUOTE(PanelBilly @ Aug 19 2014, 05:20 PM) *

Doesn't matter. Just do wire before fuel tank and hvac

Right on.

So here's the list in order?
Wiring
Fuel lines
Brake lines and calipers
shocks/struts
body seals
Lights etc
HVAC (missing parts here, so I may be asking lots of questions at that point)
Fuel tank
Drivetrain
dash/interior
Windshield

Sooo. . when does the back window go in? What am I not covering here?
rhodyguy
back window goes in before the targa bar pad, back pad and interior trim.
mrholland2
QUOTE(rhodyguy @ Aug 20 2014, 02:20 PM) *

back window goes in before the targa bar pad, back pad and interior trim.

It seems like, then, the back window goes in before the interior but the windshield after??
76-914
yes
PanelBilly
In the real world you might be installing the parts you have in hand because you're waiting for the parts you want to arrive/come back from the plater
mrholland2
Here's the body back from paint. Not a show paint, but decent for the price. . I'm pretty happy.
CptTripps
It's amazing how a fresh coat of paint can change your whole attitude about a car.

Looking good man. Have fun with the rebuild.
76-914
Nice. It's going to look great once it's trimmed out! What colour is your interior?
mrholland2
QUOTE(76-914 @ Aug 26 2014, 07:29 AM) *

Nice. It's going to look great once it's trimmed out! What colour is your interior?

Black. Though I might want to find some kind of green plaid for the seat inserts, but that can come later. . I'll just put the imperfect old seats in and do that later. . I'm frustrated because I'm short on bucks due to an in-town move (and 5000 buck deposit!!) soooo. . slooooow going/
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.