Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Dawn Patrol Run/BBQ - Finally - Sat Sept 6
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
76-914
It's been awhile but I've been a little busy the past few months. lol-2.gif And now that I'm past my unending obsession it's time to return to another obsession. Hanging and driving w/ my SoCal 914 Bros. That being said, here's the plan. Meet and eat at my place then an afternoon run up to Idylwilde then on your merry way. It should be cooler up there if'n it's a hot one plus it's close to me if my car breaks down. happy11.gif

The Itinerary:
1100-1200 hr's - Meet @ 35450 Daffodil Circle, Winchester, 92596
1200 - 1230 hr's eat
1245hr's - Depart for Idyllwilde run. driving.gif driving.gif driving.gif driving.gif

The Lunch:
BBQ Chicken Quarters
Baked (not nuked) Potato's (Too late in the year for Corn on the Cobb)
Banana Pudding
Iced tea

***NOTE***
RSVP only, I need the head count. If it becomes more than 12 peep's I'll have to do Hot dogs because I wouldn't have the space in the pit for more quarters. Co-pilots are welcome or come alone. Just bring your teener.
We have:
Me/Wendy
Cesar +1
Collingreene on standby ?
Ravi/Michelle
Ben/Ralph
Olsib914
colingreene
Id like to think my car might be running by then but i have my severe doubts.
phatnine11
Kent,
great to hear from you. Put me down for 2 people, can I bring anything? please advise.
Cesar
SLITS
My car leaks to much oil and I must save it for RRC. lol-2.gif
76-914
QUOTE(phatnine11 @ Aug 20 2014, 05:54 AM) *

Kent,
great to hear from you. Put me down for 2 people, can I bring anything? please advise.
Cesar

Yes, yourself, your companion and your car.
76-914
QUOTE(SLITS @ Aug 20 2014, 07:30 AM) *

Bull Shit. Get your ass down here you old fart.
Elliot Cannon
QUOTE(SLITS @ Aug 20 2014, 07:30 AM) *

bs.gif Use your many years of experience and your vast knowledge and expertise and FIX the damn thing. av-943.gif
Elliot Cannon
QUOTE(76-914 @ Aug 19 2014, 09:06 AM) *

It's been awhile but I've been a little busy the past few months. lol-2.gif And now that I'm past my unending obsession it's time to return to another obsession. Hanging and driving w/ my SoCal 914 Bros. That being said, here's the plan. Meet and eat at my place then an afternoon run up to Idylwilde then on your merry way. It should be cooler up there if'n it's a hot one plus it's close to me if my car breaks down. happy11.gif

The Itinerary:
1200 - 1230 hr's eat
1245hr's - Depart for Idyllwilde run. driving.gif driving.gif driving.gif driving.gif

The Lunch:
BBQ Chicken Quarters
Banana Pudding
Iced tea

***NOTE***
RSVP only, I need the head count. If it becomes more than 12 peep's I'll have to do Hot dogs because I wouldn't have the space in the pit for more quarters.

So, we're talkin' "noon patrol" right? av-943.gif
76-914
QUOTE(colingreene @ Aug 19 2014, 07:56 PM) *

I'll bet you can find an empty seat w/ one of the attendees!

QUOTE(Elliot Cannon @ Aug 20 2014, 10:12 AM) *

The Itinerary:
1200 - 1230 hr's eat

The Lunch:
BBQ Chicken Quarters
Banana Pudding
Iced tea

***NOTE***
RSVP only, I need the head count. If it becomes more than 12 peep's I'll have to do Hot dogs because I wouldn't have the space in the pit for more quarters.

poke.gif Nothing gets past you. Fly into F70, get a salad at the restaurant and I'll pick you up.
Elliot Cannon
QUOTE(76-914 @ Aug 20 2014, 10:45 AM) *

QUOTE(colingreene @ Aug 19 2014, 07:56 PM) *

I'll bet you can find an empty seat w/ one of the attendees!

QUOTE(Elliot Cannon @ Aug 20 2014, 10:12 AM) *

The Itinerary:
1200 - 1230 hr's eat

The Lunch:
BBQ Chicken Quarters
Banana Pudding
Iced tea

***NOTE***

poke.gif Nothing gets past you. Fly into F70, get a salad at the restaurant and I'll pick you up.

The Bonanza's engine is being overhauled. Looks like I'll have to sell a kidney to pay for it. laugh.gif
914-300Hemi
Kent,
Please count Michelle and myself. Let us know if we need to bring anything.

Ravi
76-914
QUOTE(914-300Hemi @ Aug 20 2014, 06:35 PM) *

Kent,
Please count Michelle and myself. Let us know if we need to bring anything.

Ravi

Done and done. Hey guys, this is the one to bring your wife to. And you get to sleep late, too.
'73-914kid
I'm gonna be a no show.. Already committed to helping some friends out with a PCA gathering.. I'm bummed, this sounds like a lot of fun. sad.gif
76-914
poke.gif We see how it is. Don't let them know that you hang with us. Might cost you some points.
Ben and Ralph

The Itinerary:
1200 - 1230 hr's eat

The Lunch:
BBQ Chicken Quarters
Banana Pudding
Iced tea

***NOTE***

I'm rsvping for my girlfriend and I if we can join? I don't know if you want to keep the run to a minimum or not but I've got a friend with a 914 v8 that may want go, and another with a 67 Volvo ( is it strictly 914s?) that would be up for a drive.
76-914
Got it. You and your girlfriend. Just so I don't embarrass myself at the BBQ, is she Ben or Ralph? biggrin.gif . And yes it is a 914World member only event. I will make an exception for most topless dancers, however. Insert a Groucho avater here. One of DP's OG's brought his 911 once and we had to push start him in Borrego Springs. It was that or leave him and that pregnant roller skate out there. So the collective founders of Dawn Patrol decided that that particular incident had indeed been an act of God and that we being fine men of upstanding honor should abide by His decision. After all, who were we to question the Old Man himself? It was therefor decided that this had been a Holy event and it was thereby decreed a 914 event only, for all time to come.
I should probably tell you the rest of our rules, too. Wait a minute, there are none come to think about it. With the exception of this BBQ, we get up early and finish our drives early. We're usually home by 10ish. There is a small amount of spirited driving happy11.gif driving.gif some breakfast along the way then back down the mountain. Looking forward to meeting ya'll and doing some future run's.
Ben and Ralph
lol-2.gif
olsib914
]Add one 72 non shiny bahia red
phatnine11
Kent,
It seems I have an issue with the 914. So you need to move the date for the run out at least 4 weeks, otherwise I can't make it! I went out to look at the car yesterday and it was dirty!
Sorry,
Phatnine11

PS: Are you sure I can't bring anything to the BBQ? And this post is to give the thread a bump!
Larmo63
914's break down? Really?
76-914
QUOTE(olsib914 @ Aug 23 2014, 06:29 PM) *

]Add one 72 non shiny bahia red

Duly noted, +1

QUOTE(phatnine11 @ Aug 25 2014, 08:10 PM) *

Kent,
It seems I have an issue with the 914. So you need to move the date for the run out at least 4 weeks, otherwise I can't make it! I went out to look at the car yesterday and it was dirty!
Sorry,
Phatnine11

PS: Are you sure I can't bring anything to the BBQ? And this post is to give the thread a bump!

My treat. Just bring yourself.

QUOTE(Larmo63 @ Aug 25 2014, 11:53 PM) *

914's break down? Really?

Does that mean you are coming?
76-914
icon_bump.gif Got 4 spaces open or someone will need to eat a lot. lol-2.gif
Ben and Ralph
Hope to see you all tomorrow, hoping the teener can make it to Winchester! pray.gif
76-914
We have extras if yours breaks down. biggrin.gif I'll pm ya'll the address. I think Ravi and Cesar know but I'll CC.
olsib914
QUOTE(76-914 @ Sep 5 2014, 09:24 PM) *

We have extras if yours breaks down. biggrin.gif I'll pm ya'll the address. I think Ravi and Cesar know but I'll CC.

My wife just got back from her road trip and wants to join Twelve hours from Medford OR was just a warm up...so add one more thanks
Palmer
olsib914
eric9144
I was really hoping I could make this, hadn't posted because it was up in the air... Bummer dry.gif Post up some pics!
76-914
QUOTE(olsib914 @ Sep 5 2014, 10:54 PM) *

QUOTE(76-914 @ Sep 5 2014, 09:24 PM) *

My wife just got back from her road trip and wants to join Twelve hours from Medford OR was just a warm up...so add one more thanks
Palmer
olsib914

+1, Got it.

QUOTE(eric9144 @ Sep 6 2014, 09:23 AM) *

I was really hoping I could make this, hadn't posted because it was up in the air... Bummer dry.gif Post up some pics!

Aw shucks. The food will be here just in case. I have the camera ready. If I can just remember to use it. av-943.gif
76-914
Met some new folks today and had a great time eating. Had some of the usual DP's and a few 1st timers. You might know a few of these peeps so here are a few pic's.

Ravi, Cesar and Ron
Click to view attachment

Michelle (Ravi's wife) and Wendy (my wife)
Click to view attachment

Ben (of Ben & Ralph) and Cesar.

Click to view attachment

Ben did a quick clutch cable adjustment

Click to view attachment

and more

Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment

Ron at his best

Click to view attachment

Cesar's 914

Click to view attachment

Ben's '72 - 1.8 on the left and mine on the right

Click to view attachment

Ravi's on the left and Michael's on the right

Click to view attachment

Ben's car and his co-pilot Alondra

Click to view attachment

Michael's car and Cesar in the red hat

Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment

It was 99F and a trip up the mountain taxed my cooling system so I pulled over, plugged in the fans we waited. Then Cesar's car needed to be push started, Micheal's 72 with the OEM fuel pump in factory location did what? Yep it vapor locked. For those that say they never seen it, take a look. It happens. No problem. We all headed back down the mountain. We got Michael rolling and the air cooled the vapor lock. Great fun and thanks to all that braved this hot ass day and drove down. Hope to see ya'll at the next Dawn Patrol or G&R Flesh Roast. BTW, Ron is a genius. I offered him the key's to the 76 but he choose an air conditioned ride home in his Tacoma. Pure genius. beerchug.gif
olsib914
QUOTE(Ben and Ralph @ Sep 6 2014, 05:49 PM) *

Thanks for the great bbq and the shove down the mtn. Made home under own power. once we hit coastal breezes ran really fine. Ceasar hope you enjoyed the Ramona Pkwy through some of the "pastoral" scenery but fewer lights.
. Michael
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.