Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: FS:1970 914 LS4 V8 Project Car $2500 #1016 Built 12/69
914World.com > The 914 Forums > Classified Forums > FS/WANTED: 914 Cars and Rollers
jpfrogger
I need to sell my project. It is a major project in the sense that it is all in pieces. However there is alot here for the money. First off the body is the 1016th 914-4 built in 12/1969. I do have the title in my name and it is clear for transfer. The body is solid and originally from California although some minor fixing some small floor sections has been done as well as having the frame stiffeners added as shown in the pictures to beef it up for V8 power. Included is a LS4 all aluminum Chevy V8 engine from a 2007 Impala SS with low miles (approx. 37K). I do not have any of the air cooled engines as I was going with the V8. Also included are 2 transaxles, side and tail shift, 5 lug conversion parts including the 911 front strut housing/spindles and rotor/hubs. original rear 914-4 hubs (1970 early version) drilled/machined for 5 lugs. I have alot of parts from a 1973 car I disassembled that are included that go along with the 1970 parts. The previous owner started to modify this body for a Chalon Kit which is complete and included that has never been installed. Additionally I have quarters I cut from the donor 1973 car that go along with this body to replace the cut rear quarters on this body if desired. I have 2 sets of glass, 2 sets of doors, 2 sets of engine covers, one front and rear trunk lid, 2 sets of the original struts housings for early/later 4 cyl model. Sorry but no tires or wheels with the car. Numerous other parts including 2 dash early/later. No console and dash pads are cracked. Would make a great project for someone located local to me in Central Indiana that has a large truck and trailer to take it home. All this for $2500 Firm. The photos I attached are ones the previous owner took prior to my purchase. I will try to take some others soon however all of this is packed in with another car in my small garage. I can be reached at 317-750-0491 for any serious inquiries. Thanks
ADDED: $1800 without the LS4 engine; $700 for Shell Only
Click to view attachment
Click to view attachment
Click to view attachment
Click to view attachment
Click to view attachment
Click to view attachment
Click to view attachment
Click to view attachment
Click to view attachment
Click to view attachment
Click to view attachment
tomrev
Looks like a good start for someone who likes projects. Pretty hard to come up with this beginning for only $2500. Good luck with the sale!
Manavapor
If this was on the west coast I would be all over this. Amazing starting point.
jpfrogger
Also forgot to mention that it includes a nice set of seats, door panels and backpad (black) from the 73 car as well as the original 1970 seats/backpad that are in dire need of attention. Has both front and rear sway bars/links, fog light set, decent set of rubber tops for front and rear bumpers, however the bumpers themselves were not decent enough to keep so they are gone. Also a good set of steel rocker panel covers. I hope to post some additional pictures soon.
carr914
A LS4 would have be a Aluminum Motor that came in Front Wheel Drive GMs (Monte Carlo, Grand Prix, Impala). Good Motors but they have a Crap Intake
jpfrogger
I am willing to sell the project without the LS4 engine for $1800 if someone is wanting to use their stock motor with it.
jpfrogger
I need the space in the garage and I hate to part it out but I will sell the shell by itself for $700 and include the used rear quarters from the 73 car that I have. if someone has a rotted car this would make a good starting point.
jpfrogger
I have taken a deposit on the body tub. I will be selling off all the remaining parts of the project soon.
jpfrogger
Body Shell Sold. The rest of the parts are available.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.