Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Status of visors for group buy?
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Cuda911
Hey guys,

On June 16, I sent in my visors for the GB to have them recovered. No visors yet.

I've sent PMs and emails. No reply. I've also tried to buy some parts from 914rubber... no reply.

I know he's a pilot, and he seems to have gone mysteriously missing.

Does anyone know if Mikey914 works for Malaysia Airlines??
VaccaRabite
WTF is wrong with you? Could you possibly have found a worse way to ask this?
wndsnd
WTF.gif agree.gif
budk
Its not his full time job.

Try giving him a call... And don't be a dick.

Cuda911
Sheesh, guys, was just trying to use some HUMOR to follow up regarding the visors! No offense was meant.

{I'm used to posting on Rennlist, where the guys are a pretty sarcastic bunch, and know my brand of humor}

I don't have a phone number for him, and the 914rubber site doesn't list a phone number either.
dudzy's914
QUOTE(Cuda911 @ Aug 19 2014, 09:10 PM) *

Hey guys,

On June 16, I sent in my visors for the GB to have them recovered. No visors yet.

I've sent PMs and emails. No reply. I've also tried to buy some parts from 914rubber... no reply.

I know he's a pilot, and he seems to have gone mysteriously missing.

Does anyone know if Mikey914 works for Malaysia Airlines??

I get you adding humor, but he could take that offensively.

Same thing here, sent my visors a month ago and have had no communication.
Cuda911
Yeah, seriously... the guys on RL would have laughed and maybe PM'd me his number. I shall remember to refrain from jocularity here. smile.gif

Again, no offense was meant, but the "normal" communication routes available were not producing any replies.

Please accept my most humble apologies if the humor fell flat.
Haudiosolutions
I saw the humor. Some lack edgy humor. Looking to jump in on the next group buy.
napasteve
Mike, maybe too soon on the Malaysia Airlines bit, but I see where you are going. And I think it's funny.

Zack, I love that avatar. Can you share a hi-res version of it. That must have been some party!

FYI I also wonder where Mark went. Please see the sunvisor GB thread for details.
napasteve
I forgot to mention: I just sent another set of cores to Mark to get a naked set of visors. I jumped in early for a regular set that I already have and like pretty much everybody who has received them, they are really great.
hndyhrr
QUOTE(Cuda911 @ Aug 19 2014, 07:28 PM) *

Yeah, seriously... the guys on RL would have laughed and maybe PM'd me his number. I shall remember to refrain from jocularity here. smile.gif

Again, no offense was meant, but the "normal" communication routes available were not producing any replies.

Please accept my most humble apologies if the humor fell flat.

his number is on the 914 rubber web site, look at the bottom of your order, but here it is 503-853-0922
dlkawashima
Mike, don't worry about the humor. As far as Mark Whitesell is concerned, I've dealt with him several times over the years, and he's always been an honest, stand up guy. I don't know why it's taking so long, but my understanding is the orders are slowly getting filled.
Black22
Mark is a stand up guy. He's very busy, but you will get what you paid for. Heck, I've even received extra items as treats for no reason other than Marks good guy.

As for the humor factor. I got the joke. Sometimes comments set people off around here for random unknown reasons. That last comment does and does not include Cap'n Krusty. lol-2.gif

Everyone lighten up. Humor keeps us sane. bootyshake.gif
Larmo63
I got the humor and thought it was funny. Some people.....
JRust
The humor was good. Might have added a little thing at the end really saying it's a joke just to be sure. Or the little poke.gif is always good. Or lol-2.gif is a classic. Most people here have a sense of humor. J

Mark is a seriously stand up guy. You'll get your visors just be patient. I'm sure you'll hear something soon
wes
QUOTE(JRust @ Aug 19 2014, 09:29 PM) *

The humor was good. Might have added a little thing at the end really saying it's a joke just to be sure. Or the little poke.gif is always good. Or lol-2.gif is a classic. Most people here have a sense of humor. J

Mark is a seriously stand up guy. You'll get your visors just be patient. I'm sure you'll hear something soon

agree.gif
Cuda911
QUOTE(hndyhrr @ Aug 19 2014, 08:32 PM) *

his number is on the 914 rubber web site, look at the bottom of your order, but here it is 503-853-0922

Thanks for his number, hndyhrr. I looked again on the 914rubber site and can't find a phone number anywhere. I don't have an order... he PM'd me and had me send a personal check along with my visor bones.

I know he's a stand-up guy, not worried about that at all. Just trying to see when my visors will be back (been battling the sun all summer now), and also want to order a couple other parts from him.

Well, glad to see some of you have a sense of humor. The first few guys sure jumped all over me. Ah well.
Elliot Cannon
One of the problems with the written word is, it can be interpreted differently. Some people see it as humor, others don't. It's especially hard to express sarcastic humor. Especially when no one can see your expression or body language. That's why most forums have some sort of emoticons. Some people interpret it as sacracstic humor. Others might think you're just being a dick. I don't think you were being a dick. biggrin.gif

Mark is a pilot but that doesn't mean he's an asshole. poke.gif av-943.gif (Sarcastic pilot humor). You can tell by the emoticons. laugh.gif He's a good guy and maybe a little busy. I'm sure he'll get back to you.
Mikey914
Thanks Guys,
Yes I get it. The GB has drawn out longer than I'd like, but I have kept the door open so that means these are not the only things going. I'm not personally sewing these myself, but have to rely on my assistants and guys I have doing the work. They get busy too, and I have to be poking them to make sure they are keeping things moving.

My situation at the airline I've been working for has changed. I took a captain upgrade, this meant that I was in training for 4 months, and I'm now based in Medford on call. This has taken a lot of the flexibility out of my schedule. My assistant Blake has stepped up, and the day to day shipping and anything that processed through the site gets out quickly.

The GB for the visors has not been completely seamless. We double shipped Mike Blizzard (thanks for your honesty) and shorted JStroud (who will be receiving his second set in the next few days). Just switched a label. I do have another 6 sets that will be in by the time I get back tomorrow morning.

Yes, I have been more difficult to reach. My only other option was to fold the business or sell it. I didn't want to do that. Things are getting more back to normal, and I do have a few other projects that will be ready in a few weeks, but it has slowed down my momentum.

The good news is I was have much deeper pockets for tooling. I do have a few items that I've been wanting to do that we can all use, it had just been a matter of cash flow.

To all I appreciate your patience, the opportunity presented at the day job was something I had to do, I only had 2 weeks notice, so putting a transition plan in place was a little crazy, but it is working. I will be changing the contact info to allow you all to contact Blake directly, and I will still be available for help, but I may not have access to your tracking number or order status at any given moment. I can get you the info, but it may take a day or so.

By the way, yours is one of the 6, that will ship tomorrow.
-mark
ThePaintedMan
Mark,
You have a great business - don't ever let anyone tell you different. Everyone here should know now how hard you work and that the reason why we have many of the well-made, cost-efficient parts now is solely due to your efforts.
I'm glad you're not selling the business. You deserve to make good living from it for a long time. Good luck with the new endeavors and hopefully it all gets a little less stressful soon.
DRPHIL914
Well let me be the first to say i am glad that you chose NOT to fold the business!!!
- you provide some things no one else does, and , much better quality at that!!!
- maybe you end up with a partner on this , seems like Blake is doing a pretty good job.
I think most here Mark understand that since this is not your day job, its more of a labor of love for these cars , we are glad you are filling the void!!

thanks for your time and talent- i didnt get in ont he initial group buy but have waited to see you caught up before placing my order but i need a set of these badly and will be glad to wait my turn for them biggrin.gif beer.gif
Phil
ConeDodger
Mark is in the process of moving from the right chair to the left chair so lots of training and check airman rides. This equals busy.
AfricanHijinx
rough crowd piratenanner.gif
QUOTE(Larmo63 @ Aug 19 2014, 09:26 PM) *

piratenanner.gif
napasteve
Mark, thanks for the update and congratulations on the promotion.
jim_hoyland
Congrats Mark ! smile.gif
76-914
QUOTE(396 @ Aug 20 2014, 07:12 AM) *

QUOTE(Larmo63 @ Aug 19 2014, 09:26 PM) *

piratenanner.gif

agree.gif
porbmw
Hi Mark

Congrats!

If I may....

Don't spread yourself too thin....be safe....don't take too much on, including reproducing new items for these cars. To most of this, this is a hobby. We are fortunate that you have found this niche, and of course the more products you make, the more we want (I could give you a list... biggrin.gif )

At least from my experience ( of taking too much on), overwork/fatigue/distraction are not a good thing..... I, for one, would prefer that you take some time to regroup, and in due course regain your momentum for introducing items.

And thanks for the new shipment that I understand is on its' way.

Paul
Cuda911
Thanks, Mark,

When you get a chance, can you provide contact info. for Blake?

There's a few other items I'd like to order from you.

And, congrats on the promotion!!!

Mblizzard
I have done a lot of business with Mark. Granted there are some issues every now and then. But try buying some of his products from other places. $$$$$$$. I take Marks minor issues any day!

I had to apologize to Mark cause one of my emails sounded a bit snippy when I read it back. He took no offense and shows what a good guy he is. It took a while to get my visors and some other things but they are worth the wait. Now my opinion may be a little off others because my visors were crap before I sent them to Mark. But they do look great.
Mikey914
QUOTE(Cuda911 @ Aug 20 2014, 10:17 AM) *

Thanks, Mark,

When you get a chance, can you provide contact info. for Blake?

There's a few other items I'd like to order from you.

And, congrats on the promotion!!!

Number sent. I will change the site out as soon as we get him a company phone tomorrow. My number still works, to get ahold of me, it just takes me more time to track down stuff. Blake works M-F , M,W,F 9-4 (he is there later but usually wrapping up shipping), and Tue, Thurs 11-4.
914_teener
OK....... was gonna not say anything but........................

I have called Mark when there is a problem.

As a sign of good faith and for future reference, I think the OP should revise the title of the post.

This is a public forum and Mark has a professional reputation....and a promotion because of it.

Congratulations Mark.

Nuff said......and I am not Krusty Jr.

Rob
Cuda911
OK, as suggested by 914Teener, I modified the post title, since the idea wasn't to get anyone upset.

Mark PM'd me Blake's phone number, so I called Blake to order the parts I need.

And, I think 914rubber is a great business and resource for all of us. Sorry the humor was lost on some.
wndsnd
Oh Good Lord, the humor was not lost, it was just crass.

My new motto is the Massachusetts highway dept motto "Stay Calm and Drive On"

I did all I could with Mark for my restoration and he never let me down. He always made good on any discrepancy and I knew he would for you and others. I also did this group buy and what ever waiting was involved was well worth it.

Restorations take time and patience to complete. Without our great vendors and forum for knowledge we would be in deep stromberg.gif

Peace and Love. grouphug.gif

John
r_towle
QUOTE(wndsnd @ Aug 20 2014, 06:41 PM) *

Peace and Love. grouphug.gif

John

barf.gif

/\
|
Crass
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.