Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Officially in the market 73-74 Any leads?
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
914Next

Looking to buy a very nice car. Prefer original survivor car but open to a repaint of an original car. Prefer documented history and below avg miles. Willing to wait and pay the price for the right car. Leads appreciated.
carr914
My 73 2.0 Appearance Group is in the Classifieds
914Next
QUOTE(carr914 @ Aug 19 2014, 09:57 PM) *

Thanks. Does look like a nice car but I'd like to find one that is in less restored/original condition. Yours looks great and a great color too. GLWS.
yeahmag
I'm confused. Do you want one more original or less original? Are you looking for a hot rod kinda thing?
bandjoey
Kinda like a great barn find car. Complete, great shape, original, so you can do the restoration?
Mike Fitton
Here you go:
http://www.ebay.com/itm/1974-Porsche-914-/...=p2056016.l4276
carr914
QUOTE(914Next @ Aug 19 2014, 10:40 PM) *

QUOTE(carr914 @ Aug 19 2014, 09:57 PM) *

Thanks. Does look like a nice car but I'd like to find one that is in less restored/original condition. Yours looks great and a great color too. GLWS.

QUOTE(yeahmag @ Aug 20 2014, 07:03 PM) *

I'm confused. Do you want one more original or less original? Are you looking for a hot rod kinda thing?

Kinda Agree.

Really the only thing "Restored" on my Car is the Paint & New Carpet Kit, which most people would like. You could have my Original Carpets
914Next
QUOTE(Mike Fitton @ Aug 21 2014, 10:52 AM) *

Yup...I saw this one and was actually quite tempted. Seems like a nice car. This is the type of 914 I'd like to find....very clean, very original, documented history. The problem I have with this one is that I'm not a fan of red. Never been a fan of red on sports cars of any type. Too predictable. My feeling is that if I'm going to go to the trouble of finding one, I want the classic 914 colors...orange, lime green, yellow...maybe white. I know I'm limiting my options but I'm not in a great hurry and will wait to find the right car. Thanks
hot_shoe914
QUOTE(914Next @ Aug 21 2014, 07:29 PM) *

QUOTE(Mike Fitton @ Aug 21 2014, 10:52 AM) *

Yup...I saw this one and was actually quite tempted. Seems like a nice car. This is the type of 914 I'd like to find....very clean, very original, documented history. The problem I have with this one is that I'm not a fan of red. Never been a fan of red on sports cars of any type. Too predictable. My feeling is that if I'm going to go to the trouble of finding one, I want the classic 914 colors...orange, lime green, yellow...maybe white. I know I'm limiting my options but I'm not in a great hurry and will wait to find the right car. Thanks

You won't find a much nicer, more original, better documented low mileage, well proven great running car than the one T.C. has for sell, not for the money. Not to mention it is a beautiful color and an awesome car. Just my .02 worth. first.gif
carr914
Some might say that Shoe & I Champion the cause for my car a bit far. Yes, we have both owned a very short while, but Shoe got it from the Original Owner, fixed a few things and drove to Utah, then Pennsylvania, then to my house without incident. It needed Paint which I took care of. Everything else I bought or did were to enhance the car (Carpets, Seals, Mirrors, Triad, Fix the Rear Panel, Purchase FI, CoA) which should add appeal.

I will tell anyone that asked and most already know, that I love 914-6s. Before this 914-4, I hadn't owned a -4 since 1998 and had plenty of them. There is a Saying that once you have a Six, you will never go back to a Four. That is the Truth for me. I bought Betsy thinking I could go back, but even though she is the best running -4 that I can remember ever driving, she isn't me. I LOVE the color and my guy hit it out of the park (one of the reasons I keep thinking I should convert it to a -6). This is not a Money Maker for me, but a Good Value against any competition.

Anyway, if she isn't for you, Good Luck in your Search

Click to view attachment

larryM
QUOTE(914Next @ Aug 19 2014, 06:54 PM) *

Looking to buy a very nice car. Prefer original survivor car but open to a repaint of an original car. Prefer documented history and below avg miles. Willing to wait and pay the price for the right car. Leads appreciated.

name your $$$$$$$$$$ range -

but, if you are hoping to snatch a $40K car for $1500 with this post = dream on - you are on the wrong forum for that

This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.