Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Can anyone provide info on this piston?
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Porsche Rescue
I have an exploded 1.7 engine. Lost a rod bolt and merged a rod with a cylinder and knocked a huge hole in the case. It was supposedly built for racing. Not sure if the crank is stock or not but bore is 90mm. At least two of the pistons/cylinders seem ok. The pictured piston (new) also came with the engine and matches the other pistons. Name "Venolia" is cast in bottom of piston along with "343" and "Alcoa" (I think I understand that label). Any ideas what I have besides scrap metal?
Dave_Darling
Venolia was a reputable maker of small production runs of high-quality racing pistons. (I haven't heard anything about them in recent years.) You've got yourself some pop-top cast (most likely) racing pistons. Probably result in a rather high compression ratio, from the looks of 'em.

--DD
Bleyseng
MMmm, those are nice!!
Whatca gonna do with 'em?
Geoff
TimT
Yep Venolia is or was a manufacturer of some pretty nice pistons. I had a set in my first 911 rebuild.

Havent heard of Venolia for over 10 years, what about Arias?
krk
No personal experience. Hope this helps.

http://www.venolia.com/imports.html#Porsche

kim.
ChrisFoley
I would think that the engine was built for an air-cooled Super-vee.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.