Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Master cylinder question
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Ross2004
Hi, hoping you guys can help with a master cylinder question. I have a BMW E30 with manual brakes, and the only MC I can find that's the appropriate size and dual circuit comes from a 914. My question has to do with the fluid lines attachment. I see in a 914 the reservoir is remote mounted, but is it possible to direct mount it? If not, how exactly do those lines attach? Lastly, does anyone know the fitting size for the brake lines. I'm assuming metric, M10?
malcolm2
I don't see how you would direct mount the 914 brake res. You might find another one that would work. Even so, you could use the 914 lines and make them shorter. keep the bottom section that has the flare.

there are short hoses that attach to the res. the lines fit in the hoses, at the MC you need washers and grommets (18 & 19) to fit in the MC and seal the lines.

Click to view attachment
Ross2004
Excellent, thank you! That looks simple enough, I can use the remote reservoir I already have and just flare a piece of line to go down into the master.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.