Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Sound mat for doors
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
ewdysar
I would like to put some sound mat (Dynamat or FatMat) in my doors but I'm not sure where to install. It seems like the best place would be on the door skin, but how do I get it inside the door without sticking it to the inner frame or itself? Maybe feed it through the top of the door after removing all the window stuff....hmmmm

Thanks,
Eric
SirAndy
QUOTE (ewdysar @ Jan 24 2005, 03:58 PM)
It seems like the best place would be on the door skin

yupp, outside door skin is the place to go ...

if you take the door panels off and the glas + window mechanism out, you'll have plenty of space to get your hands in there.
however, if you have late-style doors ('73+) you'll have to deal with the re-enforcement beam ...

IPB Image Andy
scotty b
I just bought a roll of Fatmat on E-bay for half the price of Dynamat, and it is just as good. Even comes with a handy roller and knife! Whhooooooooo IPB Image
ewdysar
Yup, I've got the beams. IPB Image So, should I just cover the skin to the edges of the beam or try to wrap over the beam too (with a separate piece of mat)?

Eric
scotty b
Just cover the flats. People seem to think the whole door needs to be coverd,which really isn't neccesary.Trying to cover the supports will only end up with the material peeling off at some point.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.