Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Hey all....just Came from PP forum
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
bd1308
okay....I need some help. I was wondering if you all had any front-end parts laying around. I had a accident and need some parts.

http://reactornet.net/~britt/pics_car/index.html
Lou W
ouch IPB Image Take a look in our classifieds IPB Image
SirAndy
thank god you had that spare tire in there!

here's the bad news, most likely (99.9%), your A-Arms will be bend.
the cross-members might be fine, but i would have that checked as well.
check the front a-arm mounting location and look for cracks/deformation around the bolts.
sheetmetal can be replaced, but if any of the structural metal is bend,
you will *HAVE TO* get the chassis on a jig and have it straightend out!

you might want to consider a complete front clip from a straight parts car ...
IPB Image IPB Image IPB Image Andy
SLITS
Welcome and greetings...after this post ye shall be bashed in turn IPB Image

You need a front clip my friend....there are those that have parts cars, but look for someone locally as the shipping would be expensive...if cut off, it would have to go by truck more than likely.

If you have not done so, post your needs in the Classified Section.......
scotty b
IPB Image i have any suspension and light pieces you may need in Va, but I am running short on body panels myself!!
Joe Bob
Good time to upgrade to a 911 five lug front end....get lemons? Make lemonade....
cdmcse
You can check with Premier Auto Sales they are in barbourville,ky. They have some parts cars and may have a front clip you could cut off...

http://www.premier-autosales.com/

They are also on this board.
Eric Taylor
Hey man, sorry but that car looks like toast to me, and I mean burnt toast. If your lucky and could actually do all the work yourself, it would be manigable, but the car most likely won't ever be straight again. I had a similar experience with my car, it's not a fun path. Once these car's are taped, especially like that they kinda go to crap. Holds up we'll in a wreck though! Anyway, their are many more nice examples out their for a lot less dough then it would cost to repair it. That was the route I went and I think it was really the best decision after considering all the options.
Eric

http://forums.pelicanparts.com/showthread....&threadid=89380

that's a link to what was left of my old car after I met up with a tree. Anyway, sorry to see another one go.
scotty b
I have to disagree with Eric about your car.I have been doing bodywork, mainly Porsche,Jeep and VW for severall years and yours is definitly fixable with a front clip.What you need to check on is the wall between the spare tire and the gas tank,I did one 2 years ago hit like yours and that wall was pushed in pretty good. We did get it fixed right but it spent some time at the frame shop before we could put the nose on.Erics car on the other hand was past the point of sensible repair! IPB Image Hurts to see both of those cars like that IPB Image
736conver
Let me know if you need a-arms. You can have a set for free. Just pick up shipping from WI. Also have a hood for free. Shipping might be expensive though.
SirAndy
QUOTE (scotty b @ Jan 24 2005, 05:42 PM)
I have to disagree with Eric about your car.

IPB Image Scott Yeaman has a jig with the factory specs and he can straighten a tub like that out.

IPB Image Andy
Jeroen
Sorry to hear about your car...
I agree with (most of) what was advised above
See if you can find a show with a jig and check how much was bend

Good luck and welcome to 914world.com
DJsRepS
If it twisted the front end out of alignment tow it in to a bodyshop with frame machine for some pulls before cutting and replacing anything. I know there is no frame but the machine is set up pulls at any angle. Even if the front end alignment is ok go make some pulls on the bad metal it will make for a better fit and less work cutting in new pieces. The parts line up alot better.
Peter_Hinkle
I agree that it will probably cost more to fix than it is worth. It would make a great parts car. you can take a look at my site and see how bad mine was. i had to use it as a parts car as i found out it would cost more than $5,000 to fix WITHOUT PAINT.../p

http://home.earthlink.net/%7Edrumvudu/wreck/wreck.html
scooter311
Hey bd it's at least nice to see ya here IPB Image

I have a set of front a-arms you can have, but as was said, it may be easier to find another, and swap parts out. Then you'd have TONS of spare stuff!

Yeah, checkout Premier, I peruse their website sometimes, and IIRC I've seen a few nice shells for sale as well.

Good luck!
Bruce Allert
Welcome to the CLUB IPB Image
Bummer 'bout yer car, Man IPB Image

Was it the snow that help in the crash?
Speakin of snow, I din't know it did that in Bowling Green... last time I was there it was hotter'n hell. Corvette meuseum was cool (in both ways)!

Good luck on your repairs.

.....b
groot
Sorry about your car.

Maybe I can help. I've got a complete 914-4 front end suspension.
Front a-arm mount, torsion bars, cross bar, knuckles, discs, and a-arms (if I can find it all in the garage). I'll let it go cheap. Let's make a deal......
Root_Werks
IPB Image IPB Image Ouch, sorry to see/hear about the 914. IPB Image Not sure if that would be worth saving or not? IPB Image
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.