Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: FS: Rain Tube Surplus
914World.com > The 914 Forums > Classified Forums > FS/WTB: 914 Parts
BeatNavy
So: Buying my sweet new rain tray from 914Rubber was cool except for the fact that rain was still getting in my engine compartment due to the fact that my rain tubes were rotten and broken. I'd gone to Home "Despot" several times looking for a good replacement with no luck. I finally bought 20 feet of Koi Pond tubing on Amazon that seems to fit and work very nicely. I used about four feet of it for my two 914's, and I have about 15 feet left -- enough leftover for 5 pairs (assuming about 16 inches per tube -- the originals seem to be around 15 inches). If anyone wants a pair of 16 inch tubes, PM me and I'll send a pair for $7. These seem to work very well, but they are vinyl. I am not 100% sure they'll fully stand up to engine bay heat over time, but I've used them for several days so far with no issues.

If you prefer to buy 20 feet worth, here's the Amazon ad: Pond Tubing

A couple of pics (note: funnel not included):

Click to view attachment
Click to view attachment
tweet
I'd like some of the tubing for use on the front fresh air housing. I'd like to get one continuous piece. How much do you think I may need?
Jett
QUOTE(BeatNavy @ Aug 20 2014, 06:11 PM) *

So: Buying my sweet new rain tray from 914Rubber was cool except for the fact that rain was still getting in my engine compartment due to the fact that my rain tubes were rotten and broken. I'd gone to Home "Despot" several times looking for a good replacement with no luck. I finally bought 20 feet of Koi Pond tubing on Amazon that seems to fit and work very nicely. I used about four feet of it for my two 914's, and I have about 15 feet left -- enough leftover for 5 pairs (assuming about 16 inches per tube -- the originals seem to be around 15 inches). If anyone wants a pair of 16 inch tubes, PM me and I'll send a pair for $7. These seem to work very well, but they are vinyl. I am not 100% sure they'll fully stand up to engine bay heat over time, but I've used them for several days so far with no issues.

If you prefer to buy 20 feet worth, here's the Amazon ad: Pond Tubing

A couple of pics (note: funnel not included):

Click to view attachment
Click to view attachment

Nice, been looking for some of this... Just "Click Once" on Amazon, free Prime shipping smile.gif
BeatNavy
QUOTE(tweet @ Aug 20 2014, 09:40 PM) *

I'd like some of the tubing for use on the front fresh air housing. I'd like to get one continuous piece. How much do you think I may need?

I'm not sure this could be used as a replacement for that. I could measure it and see on my "project teener" if it would work (and about how much you'd need).
Alapone
where can I get a funnel?
eyesright
QUOTE(Alapone @ Aug 21 2014, 03:31 AM) *

where can I get a funnel?

I think I have several. PM me.
BeatNavy
QUOTE(BeatNavy @ Aug 21 2014, 05:53 AM) *

I'm not sure this could be used as a replacement for that. I could measure it and see on my "project teener" if it would work (and about how much you'd need).

Well, I have a partial answer for you: it looks like this tubing is also an excellent candidate for fresh air tubing replacement (looks like they used the same 1" tubing for both purposes -- I did not know that as I was so focused on the engine bay). In terms of how much, I did not get time last night to measure. I know at some point I need to tackle the same issue, so I now have a use for at least some of this surplus! smile.gif
tweet
QUOTE(BeatNavy @ Aug 22 2014, 06:16 AM) *

Well, I have a partial answer for you: it looks like this tubing is also an excellent candidate for fresh air tubing replacement (looks like they used the same 1" tubing for both purposes -- I did not know that as I was so focused on the engine bay). In terms of how much, I did not get time last night to measure. I know at some point I need to tackle the same issue, so I now have a use for at least some of this surplus! smile.gif

Okay, if you still have some to spare, I'd still like to get enough for my fresh air box. Let me know, shipping is to 33033.
BeatNavy
QUOTE(tweet @ Aug 23 2014, 01:36 PM) *

QUOTE(BeatNavy @ Aug 22 2014, 06:16 AM) *

Okay, if you still have some to spare, I'd still like to get enough for my fresh air box. Let me know, shipping is to 33033.

Ok, no sweat. I measured the lengths off the fresh air box this morning. I'm taking measurements from a project car that's largely torn apart, so let me know if this doesn't seem right. Looks like (being an inch generous on each measurement) that it's about 15 inches for the one vertical tube (with the "T" connector in the middle) and about 11 inches for the cross tube. Does that sound right? So technically I guess it's three lengths with that connector. Sure, PM me your address and I'll give you paypal info. Still $7 if that's ok, primarily to cover shipping.
bcsellie
I'd be interested in buying some of this as well, at least enough for both rain tubes, and perhaps the fresh air box if you still have it. Shipped to 98075.

Please advise smile.gif
colingreene
bumped into my tube the other day while i was sitting in the engine bay, And it broke into a bunch of bits.
So id like to get some from you if you still have it.
BeatNavy
QUOTE(colingreene @ Sep 2 2014, 03:46 PM) *

bumped into my tube the other day while i was sitting in the engine bay, And it broke into a bunch of bits.

Sure, I think I have just enough left. I'll verify that I have at least 32" left and let you know tonight.

That's what happened to mine. Was adjusting the fuel pressure regulator and it disintegrated... mad.gif

rc
BeatNavy
QUOTE(colingreene @ Sep 2 2014, 03:46 PM) *

Yup, I have enough for at least two more pairs, including this one. I'll send PM.
Chris H.
If you have any left for another set PM me. If not, no problem. Thanks in advance.
bcsellie
Let me know....thanks in advance smile.gif
BeatNavy
QUOTE(bcsellie @ Sep 3 2014, 11:52 AM) *

Let me know....thanks in advance smile.gif

Oh, sorry, I think I missed you in line. Later today I'll verify I have enough for you and for Chris, who's in line after that. I should be able to take care of all three. If I can't I'll probably go ahead and buy another 20 feet now that tweet clued me in that it works for fresh air hoses as well.

Sorry, I'll reach out after I get home from work.
colingreene
Hey thanks for doing this for us, we all appreciate it.
BeatNavy
QUOTE(colingreene @ Sep 3 2014, 04:02 PM) *

Hey thanks for doing this for us, we all appreciate it.

No problem, glad to help!

Yes I have just over 100 inches left, so that's just good enough for rain tube pairs for:

bcsellie
colingreene
Chris H

If you can PM me I'll send a paypal address. I'll reduce the cost to $5 because the shipping has been cheaper than I thought. I'll probably buy more of this stuff to have on hand as well.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.