Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Body work cost?
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
jsaum
I need to have the right front fender on my 72 fixed it was submarined into a guard rail before I got it. I believe it can be spliced in from the fender well forward, what is a reasonable cost from a body shop? I'll be providing the fender parts I have a half and full fender. I'll post pictures later I'm on my way out for the first estimate.

Thanks,

Jsaum
jsaum
QUOTE(jsaum @ Aug 21 2014, 10:25 AM) *

I need to have the right front fender on my 72 fixed it was submarined into a guard rail before I got it. I believe it can be spliced in from the fender well forward, what is a reasonable cost from a body shop? I'll be providing the fender parts I have a half and full fender. I'll post pictures later I'm on my way out for the first estimate.

Thanks,

Jsaum

jsaum
QUOTE(jsaum @ Aug 21 2014, 03:07 PM) *

QUOTE(jsaum @ Aug 21 2014, 10:25 AM) *

The top is how it looks now the bottom shows learning curve on hammering out big creases in metal!
Thanks,

Jsaum

rick 918-S
20 hrs. Trim the used part without using a spot weld drill that will wreck the flange, Remove the damaged forward section to approximately mid fender, fix all the parts that are bent the new fender section will attach to, pinch spot the flanges, tig weld the butt seam, file to finish. sawzall-smiley.gif smash.gif welder.gif

Little to zero filler. assimilate.gif
Bob L.
QUOTE(rick 918-S @ Aug 21 2014, 04:19 PM) *

20 hrs. Trim the used part without using a spot weld drill that will wreck the flange, Remove the damaged forward section to approximately mid fender, fix all the parts that are bent the new fender section will attach to, pinch spot the flanges, tig weld the butt seam, file to finish. sawzall-smiley.gif smash.gif welder.gif

Little to zero filler. assimilate.gif

What! You can't buff that out? biggrin.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.