Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: FS: 1974 914-6 Race Car
914World.com > The 914 Forums > Classified Forums > FS/WANTED: 914 Cars and Rollers
montequattro
1974 Porsche 914-6 “Slant Nose” Race Car. (see attached photos, a little old but gives you the general idea (rear bumper is missing in one shot, oops!)). Here are some highlights:
- This car has been through several engine evolutions: 1.8L, 2.1L, 2.7-RS and finally 3.6 Liter 964 twin-spark was running Electromotive Tec-1; And currently has NO ENGINE.
Some 3.6L parts remain: Carbon-Kevlar intake manifold, etc.
- 901 “close ratio” gear box with “modified/custom 914 race shift linkage” and Quaife Differential
17x8 ROH wheels (now black with chrome lip, unlike pictures); with 255 BF-Goodrich R1 race tires (all around).
- 911-S suspension conversion (including 5x120 hubs); with Koni Race Coils; 911 sway bars and other suspension components.
- Bremtek (similar to Wilwood) race brakes all around;
- Fiberglass “Shalon” (slant nose) body kit.
- Bolt-in Roll Cage (targa top is still usable!) - Halo; Sides but no door beams.
- Konig Racing Seats with 5-point harnesses and targa bar.
- Centreforce Carbon-Kevlar Race Clutch with (street springs option, much easier to drive!)
- Custom Exhaust and Stainless Headers (Jet-Hot ceramic coated in/out).
- 911/914-6 Oil Tank with Mazda RX-7 Turbo front mount intercooler (and electric fans if you get stuck in traffic!)

Originally a Florida car, some resto was done back in 1987/88; but has NO RUST; battery was relocated to the front and A/C removed, etc. Tons of spare and rare 914/4 & /6 parts; too many other mods to remember/list. This car had an incredible run from 1988 until 2005 (until my father couldn’t race it anymore (due to cancer)).

Many Autocross FTDs (Fastest Time of Day) and Track wins; (in)famous PCA (Porsche Club America) race car here on the east coast, more affectionately known as “the Batmobile.”

This car is race ready; just needs an engine put back in it. It’s a shame to see it go, but I would prefer it land with someone who wants to race a 914. Price.... Negotiable with all the Porsche Parts you can carry!

bcheney
I believe the rules for our Classifieds say that you must list a price. Good luck with the sale.
montequattro
QUOTE(bcheney @ Aug 21 2014, 05:40 PM) *

I believe the rules for our Classifieds say that you must list a price. Good luck with the sale.

I really don't know what it's worth... please make a reasonable offer.
budk
QUOTE(montequattro @ Aug 21 2014, 06:53 PM) *

As stated, the rules are that you MUST list a price... otherwise it will likely get removed. Pick a price and go from there. best of luck.
montequattro
QUOTE(budk @ Aug 21 2014, 07:41 PM) *

QUOTE(montequattro @ Aug 21 2014, 06:53 PM) *

As stated, the rules are that you MUST list a price... otherwise it will likely get removed. Pick a price and go from there. best of luck.

ok then ... $10,000 OR BEST OFFER
gereed75
where in Maryland are you located??
montequattro
QUOTE(gereed75 @ Aug 22 2014, 09:44 PM) *

where in Maryland are you located??

The car is located in Silver Spring, MD
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.