Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Insurance Advice ??
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
mnementh
Hello All,
I am shopping around for insurance for my teener. My current company does not recognize the car as a collectable, and will only carry it with minimum liability, and at a premium price might I add. Basically, they have made it clear that they do not want this vehicle on my policy. So, in order to satisfy them, I am not only going to relieve them of the stress of my 914, but my other 2 vehicles as well. IPB Image
Insurance on the daily drivers is easy, but does anyone have any experience with some of the on-line insurance companies (i.e., Hagerty, Leland West, AON Collector, etc) that specialize in classic cars, or any recommendations about insurance on a 914 ?
Any help will be appreciated. Thanks for any advice you may have.
cha914
I just signed up with Hagerty a few months ago and they were really nice to deal with. I was able to get a stated value for the car of 8K plus I told them 5K miles a year and they accepted it...so now I am paying a whopping 178 bucks a year, oh and that is with a $0 deductible IPB Image

I did the stated value because I have modified the car somewhat, but if yours is stock then it would probably be cheaper...

They were the only company I could find that would let you "adjust" the milage...but for all my research nobody I had talked to had ever made a claim...so who knows...at least I am no longer paying 80bucks a month...

Good luck,

Tony IPB Image
Seagrave
Hagerty has been terrific to me. They are very reasonable (they do my truck as well). Good customer service (used the flatbed tow when I had an electrical problem), and great network for information. I provided lots of documentation to support value.
ThinAir
I've researched these companies, but never bought from them because they all have one requirement that I can't meet - the car must be garaged. I've got a carport with 3 sides and an open front, but since I don't have a closeable door it isn't a garage so they won't talk to me. I may try again when my car is ready to go back on the road. I know my insurance company will insure the car for liability, but I doubt they'll let me do a stated value on the car.

If one of these companies has changed and no longer has this requirement, I'd like to know.
newdeal2
I just got a quote from Hagerty. .. $114.00 for an $8,000 value on the car. Not bad. Just waiting for them to contact me. IPB Image
Brando
my parents have Hagerty on their 911SC. Not sure what the deductable is but they get 8k miles a year, declared value of $20k and it didnt have to be garaged. But then again, they have had clean driving records for the past 25 years and my mom only drives it once a month...
robby750
I have Hagerty on mine, $10,000 stated value, and the best part is that there is NO deductible. $120.00 per year. Another requirement is that you must have another vehicle for each driver in your household that is insured by another company. The 914 is not supposed to be a dailey driver.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.