Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Time to talk about food for the PNW transmission clinic
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
PanelBilly
So a few years back I assembled the "turds" for the picnic and was thinking about all the fun we had making them. Will we be doing the big grill again? Has the conversation about eating (and drinking) began already and I missed it?
Dr Evil
I like food and booze chowtime.gif drunk.gif
JimN73
I'll be dropping by to spectate and generally get in the way. Will bring some beer (have some Moose Drool in the fridge) and will be glad to contribute to food costs.

PanelBilly
Bump, need time to shop and prep
Mr.242
I'm doing a tranny. No BIG BBQ...sorry.
Will have access to charcoal grill and gas grill. I'm in for turds, if you're making. smile.gif

If people want to commit, I'll run to Walmart in Shelton and get some brats, burgers, chips etc. But people need to donate.

OR

once people arrive we can send someone with donations to go buy the lunch supplies and bring back to the hungry ones that are working.
Dr Evil
No oysters? sad.gif I will build your gearbox for BBQ oysters. idea.gif

I'll donate some $$ smile.gif
rhodyguy
those that eat the slimy bastards take them right out of the shell with tabasco. posers eat the cooked ones. can't stand them myself, either way. when you're a kid and your grandmother fixes you oyster fritters and fried eggs for breakfast you're gagging and think a bowl of cereal is the best thing in the world.
Dr Evil
Opinionated old fucker, aint ya. I eat them all ways, but Mark's BBQed ones are amazing and I cant get them just anywhere like I can the raw ones.
rhodyguy
if you're not eating oysters fresh from hood canal you're not eating FRESH oysters. you can have my share…enjoy! huh.gif icon8.gif
Dr Evil
Ya, cause they are the only oysters in the world jerkit.gif
rhodyguy
what beach do you pick them at in canonsburg? you'll see. best eaten at water temperature. shuck em' and throw the shells back in the drink right from the boat. you'll want a couple of icy cold rainers to go them. fresh dungenness crab, boiled in a pot with salt water right on the beach is another story all together. btw, have mark pick up a shell fish harvest license for you before you get here. you'll need your OWN bucket too.
Dr Evil
They grow them at the site. Also, I like Hog Island in Tamalpias smile.gif
rhodyguy
right below the tide line on the property? nice...consult the tide tables. for the specific local. they vary up and down the sound.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.