Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Rare 1965 Porsche 914?
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Cap'n Krusty
Yeah, but it's only 35 bucks or trade ....................................

The Cap'n
rhodyguy
too much "stuff" to list. fugly ass too.
Big Len
Saw II had more taste.
Bruce Hinds
I like the '65 proto type claim. Makes one wonder if he got that past CARB for emissions!
bandjoey
Why did he put hair dryers on top of the motor? bootyshake.gif
Rand
I wonder what transmission setup he has. The ad says it's an automatic.
Dave_Darling
I like how the pictures are either of two different cars, or the same car with significant changes made. The engine lid shot, for instance, doesn't have room for the engine (and snails) shown; the one photo shows flat black spray paint around the headlights and another photo shows it all red...

Not to mention the "tan leather" interior, which looks black in one pic.

--DD
rhodyguy
all the questions fall under the "too much stuff" section of the ad. ha!
Mike Bellis
That car's not worthy for our Facebook 914 Outlaw group. barf.gif

A ton of work. He will be lucky if he gets $10k. Nothing like a twin turbo V8 with a shitty carb for fuel... bootyshake.gif

IPB Image
bdstone914
QUOTE(Dave_Darling @ Aug 23 2014, 12:15 PM) *

I like how the pictures are either of two different cars, or the same car with significant changes made. The engine lid shot, for instance, doesn't have room for the engine (and snails) shown; the one photo shows flat black spray paint around the headlights and another photo shows it all red...

Not to mention the "tan leather" interior, which looks black in one pic.

--DD

And the wing is gone in the last picture.
Cuda911
But you guys are missing the fact that its RARE!

So, when will we be seeing this Porsche 914 prototype showing up in it's retail version at the dealerships? After the Ferrari law suit is settled?
busmech
Twin turbo but they are not hooked up to anything. The picture with the air cleaners does not make sense with what the turbo picture shows. Just wonder what is the true setup. But not worth anything.
cwpeden
I think it might be a Fierraroi and not the 'rare 914' he thinks it is.
The 'Fierraroi' is even more rare..... laugh.gif

I like how at the bottom it tells how to avoid scams.
Johny Blackstain
Is there really a 914 under there? Hard for me to tell... blink.gif
Java2570
Craptacular!!
JRust
QUOTE(Cuda911 @ Aug 23 2014, 08:42 PM) *

But you guys are missing the fact that its RARE!

So, when will we be seeing this Porsche 914 prototype showing up in it's retail version at the dealerships? After the Ferrari law suit is settled?

I'd totally drive that evilgrin.gif
era vulgaris
QUOTE(rhodyguy @ Aug 23 2014, 11:53 AM) *

too much "stuff" to list.

That's the ultimate BS line. Whenever I see that in a listing, I stop reading and move on. These sellers can't take five minutes to type out everything they've done to the car they're selling?! It's not like you can run out of paper, it's the fucking internet!
You wanna sell a car, then act like a freaking salesman and SELL it. List it all! The more the better!
All "too much to list" tells me is that there's nothing to list and that the seller's lazy. And you don't want to buy a car from a lazy seller, because it means they were a lazy car owner.
rhodyguy
oil feed lines for the turbos are long enough. almost enough to hang yourself on.
chandler1969
Is that a hole in the front hood, in between the headlights? I cant tell. In the last two pics, the cars looks really dusty. I guess thats one of the "too much stuff to list", it doesnt run.
ruby914
It must be SOLD!

"This posting has expired.
(The title on the listings page will be removed in just a few minutes.)"
CptTripps
I aint sure what that is...but it sure isn't a Porsche. It's barely a car.

Saved for posterity.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.