Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: rocker arms
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
jacksun
is it as simple as using a #2 used inlet rocker arm to replace a broken #2 inlet

rocker arm?

thank you

randal
Cap'n Krusty
Given the rockers are from the same vintage, they're all the same. Make sure the valve adjuster screw holes are the same.

The Cap'n
jacksun
thank you

any idea what I did wrong in breaking the arm?
jacksun
my guess is that the #2 intake valve is stuck so I am going to take the heads off.

where would I purchase the "proprietary valve spring compressor" ??

or is there an alternative?

tks

randal

never mind, found one.

colingreene
If the head is off, i take springs appart with a drill press, a socket with the side cut out then i make a wedge to go under the valve and square it up with shim stock.
but thats me.
jacksun
QUOTE(Cap'n Krusty @ Aug 23 2014, 01:15 PM) *

Given the rockers are from the same vintage, they're all the same. Make sure the valve adjuster screw holes are the same.

The Cap'n

tks for the info..

the screw holes are the same, just the screws are different.. one from the extra

engine is longer with a swivel head... I changed those 2 with the original 2 screws

so all are the same length. why the different screws? both 1.7L 1973.

tks colingreene for the tip.

Click to view attachment
Click to view attachment

cwpeden
Swivel is aftermarket or from 911. Need spacers behind rocker mounts for those.
I use them with no problems
02loftsmoor
QUOTE(cwpeden @ Aug 24 2014, 07:08 PM) *

Swivel is aftermarket or from 911. Need spacers behind rocker mounts for those.
I use them with no problems

I'm planning to use those 6cylinder adjusters, do you have to have longer push tubes if you shim the rocker mounts? or with the added lenth and shim it takes care of that ?
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.