Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: FS 2.0 core. spins freely with plugs removed.
914World.com > The 914 Forums > Classified Forums > FS/WTB: 914 Parts
rhodyguy
SOLD. complete 2.0 core. long term dry storage. it was in my car and ran great until it started smoking. when the plugs were removed one plug showed oil fouling. i suspect either a ring or valve guide went south. with the plugs removed it spins freely with no bad klunks or sounds. near impossible to turn when the plugs are still in. core sale does not include the engine mount bar/brackets, factory oil temp sending unit, or flywheel/clutch package. prefer local sale but will assist you as much as i can if you want it shipped to you. $600 or nbo.

kevin
gcrotvik
Kevin,

What is the number listed in the picture below? See the arrow. Can you post a picture of this number?

Greg
funk
400 plus whatever shipping to 83811 unless u get 2 Spokane often ? this is a gamble if I can use the core or heads for a rebuild??some more info would give me confidence as too this engine being suitable for a full rebuild!!I am restoring a 76 914 and this would be a great core if its not too banged up on the inside!! how long was it in storage??did you drop the engine immediately after it went south on you?the shipping would be less and I as well as others would get much more interested if the case was split and the cylinder heads were off her but if not well info is good??
rhodyguy
i'm not splitting the case. just got back from a road trip greg. i'll pm/email you later.
gcrotvik
QUOTE(rhodyguy @ Sep 5 2014, 06:32 AM) *

i'm not splitting the case. just got back from a road trip greg. i'll pm/email you later.

Hope you had fun!! No hurry.
rhodyguy
greg, email with photo sent.

k
gcrotvik
QUOTE(rhodyguy @ Sep 6 2014, 11:22 AM) *

greg, email with photo sent.

k

Got it, back at you. Thanks!
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.