Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Earthquake near Original Customs
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Mike Bellis
I hope McMark and the 914's are OK after the 6.0 quake.
JStroud
I talked to Mark this morning, him and his family are fine, shop is good.
Had broken glass and stuff everywhere at home.

There are others in the area too, hope everyone else and their cars are OK.

Jeff
76-914
unsure.gif
Socalandy
Hope everyone is OK!!!
BuddyV
I live about 20 minutes west of the epicenter....... the shaking was almost as strong as the 1989 quake. My wife and I woke up to violent shaking in the early hours. Very, very scary.

Checked on the kid, checked on the house, checked on the neighbors.... all is good.

All in all, the area suffered very little, considering the potential. One mobile home park caught fire (gas line) and downtown Napa had exterior damage to historic buildings.

The Sonoma Raceway event is still happening, which is a good sign that roads are in fairly good shape.

Thank you to those who have sent messages of concern.......

beerchug.gif

Robert
matthepcat
Very scary to be woken from dead sleep to the whole house moving.
Larmo63
1) Check the kids
2) Check the house
3) Check the cars - 914
4) Check the wife

Hope all are safe and sound......
Elliot Cannon
But is the Girl and the Fig still standing? sad.gif Seriously, I'm glad no one was hurt or much damage involved. Earthquakes are bad enough during the day but worse in the middle of the night.
Maltese Falcon
If you haven't already installed a seismic gas shut off device at your gas meter, have a technician put one in this week. Ours was installed just before the Northridge earthquake. Sometimes you don't have a chance to fumble with a wrench on the shut off valve.
Marty
SirAndy

http://www.data.scec.org/recenteqs/
http://www.data.scec.org/recenteqs/Quakes/nc72282711.html

It was still pretty strong down here in Oakland. Woke up to the whole house shaking.
unsure.gif
Mike Bellis
biggrin.gif

patssle
Mike likes to keep track of where he places his dead bodies...
hydroliftin
It's funny that my wife and I didn't even wake up. We're in San Jose, not that far away.
McMark
House is fine glass everywhere. Family is all good. Tim drove over to the shop and said everything was fine. So nothing major
Mike Bellis
QUOTE(patssle @ Aug 24 2014, 01:52 PM) *

Mike likes to keep track of where he places his dead bodies...

busted_cop.gif hide.gif
dudzy's914
QUOTE(Larmo63 @ Aug 24 2014, 01:21 PM) *

1) Check the kids
2) Check the house
3) Check the cars - 914
4) Check the wife

Hope all are safe and sound......

I like how you house and cars are more important than your wife! cheer.gif
Gary
Mark - glad you guys are OK.
11tenths
Mike-

"Nike Missile Control" ??? blink.gif
Mike Bellis
QUOTE(11tenths @ Aug 24 2014, 04:25 PM) *

Mike-

"Nike Missile Control" ??? blink.gif

You just never know... type.gif blowup.gif
Cap'n Krusty
QUOTE(McMark @ Aug 24 2014, 01:56 PM) *

House is fine glass everywhere. Family is all good. Tim drove over to the shop and said everything was fine. So nothing major

"House if fine"? It's tipped over on its freakin' side! I suppose you guys are used to that, though, bein' in the bay area .............................

The Cap'n
jgara962
I just sat down for the first time since 3:30 this morning. It's been a looong day of cleaning, helping neighbors, etc. no damage to our house, but a lot of damage to the stuff inside. My garage was a complete disaster and two cabinets fell over. Miraculously, my 914 got a small white mark on it that I think will buff out. Most importantly, everyone is safe.
Rand
QUOTE(Cap'n Krusty @ Aug 24 2014, 04:52 PM) *

"House if fine"? It's tipped over on its freakin' side! I suppose you guys are used to that, though, bein' in the bay area .............................

The Cap'n

Careful about typos. Krusty will get all crusty on you.
mrholland2
I felt nothing at my house in San Jose. . or at least enough nothing that I kept sleeping. . ??

I hope all the people are fine or will be fine and that all the property damage is repairable.
smj
I was awake in Berkeley - 25-30 miles South - when it came through, and it was surprisingly gentle at my house. Like a set of big rollers coming in to the beach. You could tell it was powerful, enough so I got in a doorway, but gradual enough I didn't have anything fall/fall over.

Glad to hear everybody's okay!
Dr Evil
I didnt feel a thing over here in PA. What a relief smile.gif

Glad you are all OK.
ChrisFoley
QUOTE(Elliot Cannon @ Aug 24 2014, 12:27 PM) *

But is the Girl and the Fig still standing?

Some things are more important than others! biggrin.gif
Mary and I went there Sunday evening after WCR 4 years ago.
Great Place! chowtime.gif
green914
agree.gif glad everyone is okay.
ww914

Glad you are OK. Have been thinking about you. Didn't think to check the world until just now. Your kitchen looks like mine did after the Northridge quake.
76-914

Damn, that looks rough, Mark. If it had been me, there would have been a turd or two on that floor as well. Let us know if you need some help restocking that kitchen. Kent
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.