Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Not a good transaction
914World.com > The 914 Forums > Classified Forums > FS/WTB: 914 Parts
Oxen914
I am reluctant to post this, but the other party seems to refuse to respond to my messages.
I bought two rims (happy with this purchase) and a set of lug nuts (not happy with this part). I only received 4 of the 16 lug nuts in my package. I am guessing that they fell out somewhere along the line or were just never packed. The lugs nuts were packed loosely in the box with the pair of rims. they were not in any type of bag or package themselves, its as if they were part of the packing of the rims.
I have sent two polite messages to this individual, the first was sent Aug. 12 and the second was sent Aug. 22. This person has been on the site tonight (Aug. 24), yet he has not responded to my question(s) about the lug nuts.

This persons screen name is sixnotfour, his name is Jeff Hines.

I would appreciate an answer to my question, "what happened to the other 12 lug nuts? And why were they packed so poorly, you charged me a decent/fair amount for shipping (you upped the total price by $60.00 late in the deal for shipping costs)?"

Thank you!
euro911
Jeff's one of the good guys out here, not sure why he isn't responding.

I've noticed that PMs no longer pop-up on my screen like they used to, so I have to force myself to check for PMs any more ... maybe he just hasn't seen your PMs yet confused24.gif
Larmo63
I bought four 2.0 Fuchs rims here recently and the seller did a great job of packing!!! All of the lug nuts were in one safely packaged bag.

When you are selling, you should consider how YOU would like to receive your purchase.
Oxen914
I am certainly not saying he's a bad guy, he helped me with my rims for sure. And I thanked him for that a lot. But not responding to my messages and the package being so poorly wrapped leaves me feeling as if there is/was no concern on his part.

mad.gif
bdstone914
QUOTE(Oxen914 @ Aug 25 2014, 07:19 AM) *

I am certainly not saying he's a bad guy, he helped me with my rims for sure. And I thanked him for that a lot. But not responding to my messages and the package being so poorly wrapped leaves me feeling as if there is/was no concern on his part.

mad.gif

Send an email. You never know what may have happened on his end.
ChicagoPete
Jeff is a good guy...and if you really need the lug bolts, I believe I have them...actually have 15 instead of 16??? I am pretty sure they are Fuchs. You can have them, was going to put them up for sale here.

Let me know and I can get you pictures.
tweet
Do you know if the package had insurance? If so, you should determine the value of the lugs and file a claim. It doesn't hurt to ask the carrier either if there was any basic indemnity coverage for losses. You will need pictures of the packaging and contents for proof of loss.
rhodyguy
shipper files the claim. period. USPS and other carriers. a guy at the post office was getting rude and testy with my favorite clerk about filing a claim regarding something he had bought that arrived damaged and the P.O. was PACKED. on and on, taking up other people's time. her politeness was getting in the way of the message. i stepped up to the counter, was polite but a little blunt about how it works. he shook his head and walked away mumbling about the unfairness of the deal. she thanked me after he was gone.
tweet
The last time I checked a few months ago, either the seller or the buyer could file a claim. It is on the USPS website. But, with either option, proof of loss and values must be provided no matter who files it. You can also start the claim process online, no standing in a line.
JRust
Jeff is a good guy & will take care of you. He sorta retired from work from what I recall. He hasn't been online much since. I don't think he is ducking you. I think he may be ducking the internet some evilgrin.gif . So don't sweat it he'll get you squared away.
sixnotfour
I only shipped the four, as for packaging,, yes the four lug bolts fell out of the wheels, other than that they where packaged well enough.
Duct taped edges etc.

don't forget I re machined the lug seats and blasted the centers.

I thought I had replied to the first message ..guess not....

I will send your 12 lugbolts this week ...Jamie's $500 and Bruce's Oil lines and Shea's Oil Lines ... Anyone Else I might have missed ???
Just Let Me Know..Jeff ----- SixNotFour
sixnotfour
QUOTE(sixnotfour @ Aug 25 2014, 01:04 PM) *

I only shipped the four, as for packaging,, yes the four lug bolts fell out of the wheels, other than that they where packaged well enough.
Duct taped edges etc.

don't forget I re machined the lug seats and blasted the centers.

I thought I had replied to the first message ..guess not....

I dropped my laptop so I am using old computer and have the screen enlarged and see the word messages , but not the fact that there are messages, lame excuse...but true..

I will send your 12 lugbolts this week ...Jamie's $500 and Bruce's Oil lines and Shea's Oil Lines ... Anyone Else I might have missed ???
Just Let Me Know..Jeff ----- SixNotFour

Oxen914
Thank you, I do appreciate it.
Like I said, I am very happy with the wheels and Jeff could not have been more helpful when it came to helping me with them.
I am very new to the 914 world and I am amazed at how knowledgeable and helpful everyone is. For a newbie, it is very helpful!

Thank you!

smile.gif
euro911
Well, you did join the premier 914 forum, so you'll probably have more 'good' experiences here as time goes by.

... and if you have any more problems with Jeff, the group will straighten him out, pronto slap.gif

laugh.gif

poke.gif

welcome.png

This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.