Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: OT: Who has first hand experience with Copart?
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
draganc
As already implied by the title, who has bought a car from Copart?

What are your buying "options" if you are NOT a dealer?

Do present dealers/buyers of a buy service on-site?

Thanks!
larryM
depends on your State regs -

some states only allow salvage yards to bid

some allow any licensed auto biz with a tax ID to bid

COPART also has an open-to-public bid site - dunno how that works

(I have a CA biz membership, but can't bid in salvage only states like NV)

02loftsmoor
I've used them once with good results
rgalla9146
I paid for a dealer friend to register with them here in NJ so that I could bid on a 1967 911S about two years ago.
The car was scheduled to be auctioned on a Thursday.
I'm excited and nervous and check the site many times over the days leading up to the auction.
On the day before the the scheduled auction the listing and photos dissappear.
$300. registration fee wasted.
Car auctioned early with no warning.
Seemed very fishy to me.
76-914
As Rgalla points out, they do occasionally sell vehicles off line and state so in their literature. I bought a car thru them with positive results. I would use them again in a heartbeat. I felt a little scared about giving them personal info but everything went smoothly. They are a large and legit Dutch company. Phones are answered in Florida by a couple of ladies who were willing and able to answer my questions. They occasionally have a temp membership for $100 that is good for 30 days. I waited until I found a couple of candidates then joined for $100 rather than join and hope something came up in that period of time. There are associated fees that brought my total charge total to about $300 but still a great deal! Kent
draganc
Thanks for the info guys!
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.