Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: 4 lug fuchs bolts
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
ice cold
After cleaning the bolts that came with a recently acquired set of wheels biggrin.gif I am left with 2 options. 1, have bolts replated or 2, replace bolts. The bolts are original as they have VW logos on them. The bolts available locally are a 1/2" shorter. I just had the wheels refinished and would like the bolts to look as good as the wheels. Who sells replacement bolts? Have a bad feeling plating the bolts will be more expensive than replacing.
larryM
check out
mid-america vw

they used to sell them

PotterPorsche
If you can't find originals. I believe airhead parts reproduces them

http://www.airheadparts.com/vintage-vw-par...-91436131501-bk
rhodyguy
the correct bolts don't have the vw on the heads. make sure you get the proper length. you'll prob have better luck and right the first time buying them thru the classifieds.
bdstone914
I am getting a set plated. If you send them to me I can include them in the sane batch if you split the plating cost of $50.
Bruce
Cap'n Krusty
Note that the original finish on the correct bolts is/was bright cad. They also had a paint splash/brush stroke on each head ...... Sorta light blue/green frosty looking stuff.

The Cap'n
rgalla9146
Korrect.
I think the thick green marking was to indicate the lug(s)had been torqued
pvollma
QUOTE(PotterPorsche @ Aug 25 2014, 12:14 AM) *

If you can't find originals. I believe airhead parts reproduces them

http://www.airheadparts.com/vintage-vw-par...-91436131501-bk

Will those also fit a 76 with Mahle wheels?
thelogo
I personally got mine of eBay way back ,repros I believe seller was from Texas ,chrome as hell.like the wheels paid like 60 or 70
But now who knows , sierra Madre collection always has the part but they want top dollar

So my advice spend a small bundle on this ,get it right Because

They only hold the wheels on the car right ?
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.