Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Blew out a tire...
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
dlo914
so yea i blew out a tire on the daily driven Camry...ive gotta stop treating the camry like the 14...but other than that...i wanna know what the treadwear numbers mean,. im looking for something around $50/tire 165/70/14...nothing special just something to get me around for a few 10k+...thanks
dlo914
These any good?
skline
Those should be perfect for your camry. I have a 98 and it doesnt handle worth a crap. Its the top of the line model with every available option including sway bars. But going around a corner, I swear its going to tip over. Great car for highway running and around town but not good for cornering. Stick with a nice road tire.
dlo914
IPB Image took the words straight out of my mouth... IPB Image it's like driving a boat IPB Image the love boat IPB Image
dlo914
any suggestions on what brand of road tire? affordable? durable? am i cheap? YES IPB Image
MattR
Go to costco. My mom told me they specials sometimes, like 100 bucks off 4. If their good tires werent overpriced to begin with Id get some BFG or Bridgestone for my 912.
skline
I just went to Sears and put on a set of the Gaurdsman Radials on mine. The wife drives it and she doesnt rip around corners like I do. I am fixin to replace the ones on my truck in the near future and I am thinking about putting the Falkens on it.
Mrs. K
IPB Image Costco or Sam's Club. They have good deals and
they will rotate your tires for you for free for the life of the
tires IPB Image

Lisa IPB Image
MattR
I found a better deal.

http://www.tirerack.com/tires/tires.jsp?ti...romCompare1=yes

33 bucks. How can you complain?

It even got good ratings!
joea9146
If u are near a PepBoys u can get 4 Tires for $100 .... Not something I would consider
but if that what you are looking for here ya go.

Pep_Boys
anthony
Cheap tires = crappy ride. Even on my daily driver I pony up for some high quality tires. I'd rather have 30K fun, good driving miles on a good set of tires than 70K miles on hard as rock, not so sticky tires.
Joe Bob
Tire Rack has the Kumhos for as low as 40 bucks....I run Kumhos on the truck and the P-cars.
Mueller
we just put new tires from Americas Tires on the Hyundia, Warrior brand, a tad over 50 a pop installed.....decent tires except for when driving on the highways where they have the lines cut into the road surface, car feels unstable on those type of surfaces.....tires handle great everywhere else

anyone know what causes the tires to wonder around on the freeways with the lines cut into them???
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.