Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Help me STOP!
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Natedog
Howdy,

I did a bit of homework in the archives, but most post my question anyhow.

Should both rear calipers have 2 bleeder valves for a '73 2.0??

I discovered that my rear right caliper has 2 and the rear left has only 1. If it doesn't make too much of a difference I would just go ahead and use it. BUT - I also discovered that this one (rear left) is missing the inner venting clearence bolt. It' the one behind the cap screw and has a 4 mm allen head to it.

In the picture it's clear that the bleeder valves are different. The cap screw is removed on one. I can replace those thru Pelican.

So - anyone have a spare inner venting clearence bolt,
OR a spare rear left caliper?

Cheers,
Nate
boxstr
Two rear calipers completely rebuilt $235. with your cores.
CCLINCAMPBRAKE
Natedog
and probably very nice and well done too.

But I'm hoping for a cheap fix for now.

I'm still lookin'!
Nate
IPB Image
skline
There are a few things I would look for a cheap fix on my car, brakes are not one of them. A fast car is only as good as it's brakes. If you get in an accident cause you cant stop, will you fix the brakes right then? Sorry, but I just had to say something. You are not only endangering yourself, but others out on the road. I dont think I would look for a cheap fix, if its worth doing, its worth doing right.
red914
Hi, Nate. just rebuilt my rear calipers. if you did research on the subject in this forum, you have read some of my ordeal (or whining, according to some. you know who you are, Dino)

those adjusting screws, both inner and outer, are in the performance parts catalog. there are two sizes on the outers, and it makes a difference depending on your piston that mates up to it. either 8mm or 10mm on the inside part. outside is 8mm, with a 4mm hex, as you know.

unfortunately, i don't have a spare of either.

sorry i couldn't be of any help. good luck!
SpecialK
You might try Perry Keihl (can't recall his user name, someone help me out here IPB Image ) He sells complete rear brake seal kits, and probably has a line on the parts you're needing.

Kevin
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.