Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Distributor part number?
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Porschef
Would I be correct in assuming that the distributor part number would be the same for 74-75 914's and the 76 911E? confused24.gif

If so, what would be that number, Bosch and or VW?

Thanks,

Joe
bdstone914
QUOTE(Porschef @ Aug 25 2014, 07:06 AM) *

Would I be correct in assuming that the distributor part number would be the same for 74-75 914's and the 76 911E? confused24.gif

If so, what would be that number, Bosch and or VW?

Thanks,

Joe
I know that 74 and 75 914 l jet use different distributors.

Are you trying to get a correct dizzy for a 912e?
Porschef
Bruce, the Ljet on my car came from a 912e. I wasn't sure if they all had the same dizzy or not.

For some reason I recall a 009 prefix on the can, but it has a vacuum diaphragm with two ports. I could be wrong tho, wouldn't be the first time...
Cap'n Krusty
QUOTE(Porschef @ Aug 25 2014, 10:01 AM) *

Bruce, the Ljet on my car came from a 912e. I wasn't sure if they all had the same dizzy or not.

For some reason I recall a 009 prefix on the can, but it has a vacuum diaphragm with two ports. I could be wrong tho, wouldn't be the first time...

That would be a "009" "suffix", NOT "prefix". While the distributor and its vacuum can may be different from the 914 L-jet versions, it'll work. The advance curves will likely be different, but not that much.

The Cap'n
Porschef
Thanks Cappy, as I said, wouldn't be the first time... poke.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.