Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: How Do You Install Top Targa Side Seals?
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
lsintampa
Bought a set of top targa window seals (left / right).

I'm having a heck of a time trying to figure out how to install them.

I tried from the bottom up, top down, one side in all the way, push the other side into the rail (this works best, but mucks up the rubber you're pushing on)....

Tried lube all around the rail and rubbers, etc. It just isn't happening for me, so I'm wondering if there is some trick that I don't know about?

Any input would be helpful - before I totally screw it up.

Thanks,

Len
bdstone914
QUOTE(lsintampa @ Aug 25 2014, 08:31 AM) *

I tried from the bottom up, top down, one side in all the way, push the other side into the rail (this works best, but mucks up the rubber you're pushing on)....

Tried lube all around the rail and rubbers, etc. It just isn't happening for me, so I'm wondering if there is some trick that I don't know about?

Thanks,

Len

Liquid soap to lube them and a pair of pliers on the end to pull them in. Pulling stretches them pushing expands them. Had the same problem. It it it the seal on the back edge of the window there are a couple on dents that need to be flattened to get them to slide in.
lsintampa
QUOTE(bdstone914 @ Aug 25 2014, 11:57 AM) *

Thanks,

Len

Liquid soap to lube them and a pair of pliers on the end to pull them in. Pulling stretches them pushing expands them. Had the same problem. It it it the seal on the back edge of the window there are a couple on dents that need to be flattened to get them to slide in.

Thanks, that was what I needed... I was pulling, but was afraid the gasket would bust - I just needed a little more lube and A LOT more pulling.

beerchug.gif
ThePaintedMan
Think about the poor guy/gal who had that job at the factory!
mrholland2
QUOTE(lsintampa @ Aug 25 2014, 10:13 AM) *

QUOTE(bdstone914 @ Aug 25 2014, 11:57 AM) *

Thanks,

Len

Thanks, that was what I needed... I was pulling, but was afraid the gasket would bust - I just needed a little more lube and A LOT more pulling.

beerchug.gif

That's what SHE said~!
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.