Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: 1974 914-LE Creamsicle Flood Damaged -- Sad
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
TJB/914
I stopped at a friends repair shop and they had a Flood Damaged 1974 914-LE Creamsicle in for Insurance Evaluation. icon8.gif I understand it was sitting in about 3 ft. of water. I wonder if it can be repaired. confused24.gif
BTW: It's listed/shown on our register. (I don't know the person)

I wonder if it will be totaled?? headbang.gif I am not showing the vin# but is a real one. Wondering how the insurance company will determine value????? The only good thing--it was clear flood rainwater & not salt ocean water.

Tom
messix
buy a 100lb barrel of desiccant packs and one of those bubble shelters and a space heater seal it all up and let it cook for 2 weeks.
Mikey914
It will be a bunch of cash to replace the motor, the electronics and all the collateral damage, but it may pencil out. If the owner has Hagerty or stated value they should be able to go through it and assure it's fixed right.
TJB/914
Jeff,
I received your PM & had trouble opening it so I sent another. Hope it gets through or send me another on my personal email
Tom
tjbliznik@ameritech.net
pete000
Fresh water, I would think if it hasn't, sat for a long time it could be saved...
TJB/914
QUOTE(pete000 @ Aug 25 2014, 09:21 PM) *

Fresh water, I would think if it hasn't, sat for a long time it could be saved...

I think your right, The mechanic handling the repairs is very good and if it can be saved he will save it. I am anxious to hear from Jeff & tell him the vin # is only a few #'s away from his vin#. Looks like they were stable mates going down the assembly line together. My guess-estimate $15K to $25K to make it right popcorn[1].gif

Tom
EdwardBlume
I've had water in a 2.0 motor. Change the oil and you might be just fine.
Hank914
My friend dropped his iPhone in some water.... A bag of rice did the trick in a day or two. If figure that car would need about 35-65 fifty pounders. Hey, it might just work!
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.