Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: PCA Zone 1 Autocross
914World.com > The 914 Forums > The Paddock
nolift914
Zone 1 Autox Day 2
Not my best run, full of mistakes and a Velcro failure
Krieger
Nice! That an awesome location. Where is that at?
nolift914
QUOTE(Krieger @ Aug 25 2014, 06:43 PM) *

Nice! That an awesome location. Where is that at?

Devens Mass.
mskala
Here is my car on the same day. We had great weather for both
days, overall couldn't have turned out much better.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tJEuekE5VG0

Jetsetsurfshop
Nice driving guys driving.gif
CatDaddy60
I had to comment. I inadvertently started a video of Eva Cassidy singing John Lennons Imagine just as your run started LOL kinda sounds weird but the effect was way cool. Nice run looks like you were having fun.

Randal
QUOTE(nolift914 @ Aug 25 2014, 07:33 PM) *

Zone 1 Autox Day 2

Nice run.

There were a bunch of times there where you might want to consider up-shifting to third. You will carry more speed. Try one run with the camera on the speedo, shift and watch the 3rd gear speed jump past 59, which is about your limit, depending upon RPM running an F gear and 23.5" Canti's. 59mph is 7,000 rpm

mskala
QUOTE(Randal @ Sep 29 2014, 03:12 PM) *

Zone 1 Autox Day 2

Nice run.

There were a bunch of times there where you might want to consider up-shifting to third. You will carry more speed. Try one run with the camera on the speedo, shift and watch the 3rd gear speed jump past 59, which is about your limit, depending upon RPM running an F gear and 23.5" Canti's. 59mph is 7,000 rpm

I believe he maxes out at 6500. If he could get to 59 in second it would look
similar to my run (which was FTD BTW) where my GA second is good for 61mph
at 7100.
Randal
QUOTE(mskala @ Aug 25 2014, 08:42 PM) *

Here is my car on the same day. We had great weather for both
days, overall couldn't have turned out much better.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tJEuekE5VG0

That looked like a fun run. Nice lines and tight on the cones.

Ever think about a Kirkey seat and full harness? Good way to improve times. biggrin.gif
mskala
That looked like a fun run. Nice lines and tight on the cones.

Ever think about a Kirkey seat and full harness? Good way to improve times. biggrin.gif

I bought a Lemans seat which is great. Not really excited about harnesses since
it is an early car and I want the backpad. Just a narrow body street car.
nolift914
QUOTE(Randal @ Sep 29 2014, 11:12 AM) *

Zone 1 Autox Day 2

Nice run.

I was in between 2nd and 3rd for most of the run, I have stock 1 & 2 gears with flipped 5th to 3rd (KA?) , Q 4th and V 5th. running 22.9 dia slicks. The other issue is the car has a very aggressive cam so I need to keep the rev's above 3700 rpms. I attempted different combinations of 2nd and 3rd during other runs. Never got it right couldn't match my prior days performance. I am still working to catch up to the car.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.