Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Window Won't Crank
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
BeatNavy
My daughter tried to crank the passenger side window this evening and the window won't crank at all. It's probably the same thing that happened a couple of weeks ago which I fixed by (and I'm probably going to botch the terms here) forcing the lifter back into the regulator. In layman's terms, the cable had come out of the guide, and I managed to force it back in which fixed the problem temporarily. I lubed up the components and thought I was good to go. This is an early window regulator ('72). I see references to Window Regulator Button when using The Google. Is that likely what's missing or needs to be repaired to keep the lifter from popping out of the regulator? I see AA has some, and I think 914Rubber, but I couldn't find the obvious part there.

That goodness this happened. I was sure I'd solved all the problems at this point and there was nothing left to do hissyfit.gif
type47
No rain forecasted for the Gathering of the Faithful in Herndon on Saturday; just hot. See ya there?
BeatNavy
QUOTE(type47 @ Aug 27 2014, 08:17 AM) *

No rain forecasted for the Gathering of the Faithful in Herndon on Saturday; just hot. See ya there?

Hey Jim! That event wasn't on my radar, and, yes, it's another weekend at the in-laws dry.gif . Otherwise I'd be there.

Did you get your charging/alternator issue resolved?
type47
QUOTE(BeatNavy @ Aug 27 2014, 04:25 AM) *

Did you get your charging/alternator issue resolved?

Yes I think so. Stoopid fuse #9 ar15.gif
dknechtly
Typically what happens on the early regulators is that the small, round, white nylon guide that slides up and down in the vertical channel comes loose from the cable pull. Sometimes, a little silicon glue will work. I'm not sure if anyone makes nylon pieces or not.
The later regulators, 73 and up, are a scissor type.
BeatNavy
QUOTE(dknechtly @ Aug 27 2014, 08:37 AM) *

Typically what happens on the early regulators is that the small, round, white nylon guide that slides up and down in the vertical channel comes loose from the cable pull. Sometimes, a little silicon glue will work. I'm not sure if anyone makes nylon pieces or not.
The later regulators, 73 and up, are a scissor type.

Ok, cool thanks. That at least gives me a place from which to start. So I guess those "Window Regulator Buttons" that AA sells are not the same thing or intended for this purpose?
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.