Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: German Made 914 Sun Visors
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
A&PGirl
Hi ya'll, I have sourced German 914 Sun Visors that are essentially OEM quality.
They're $200 + $15 shipping.

You can drop me a line direct or go here.

As seen in the Okteenerfest 2014 thread

Pay a little more, get a lot more. smile.gif

Click to view attachmentClick to view attachmentClick to view attachment
Cairo94507
Can you please post some better pictures? Thanks in advance. beer.gif
tumamilhem
That's a different vinyl texture than OEM I believe. Still, nice set for those wanting something more original looking than reconstructed with stitching (not heat-fused)/material/appearance.
bandjoey
Pocket and mirror? Yea better pictures and can you show them on a car to see figment around the targa clips and rear view mirror? Thanks.
A&PGirl
Here is a video that compares the old to the new: Video

The only difference in that video is the new visors shown where made by a different shop in Germany and their contract expired. The new shop puts a little less bend in. Germans are all about contracts. smile.gif

These are a OE copy of the late visors. No mirror flap and no pins in the visors.

I will post more photos later today. I am currently working on assembling enough clips to install pair on the working 914.
john_f
QUOTE(A&PGirl @ Aug 27 2014, 08:02 PM) *

Pics of the map pocket visor. Please note these are 1200x800.

They look good. However, think you should change your background music on the video from Handel's Water Music to The Beatles Here Comes the Sun lol-2.gif
eric9144
Bummer they didn't do the mirror like the OE visors, nice otherwise...If they had the mirror setup it would be an easy decision...

Nice to have options beerchug.gif
mepstein
What about finding the source for a group buy
sbsix
Carrie, PM sent.
A&PGirl
QUOTE(sbsix @ Aug 27 2014, 09:25 PM) *

Carrie, PM sent.

Sent you a pm. smile.gif

Click to view attachment
A&PGirl
Pay a little more, get a lot more. You purchase from me, you get your stuff. smile.gif aktion035.gif

Have any questions? Drop me line here or pick a way listed on my Customer Service Page

Oh and shout out to all the new folks welcome.png
bandjoey
I really like the looks of these. Please post a few pictures on fitment installed when u can. They're on my watch list right now. Thanks.
A&PGirl
One pair of Demo Sun visors for sale here

Won't last long.
bandjoey
A set in stock?
JeffBowlsby
You know what would be a great addition from our aftermarket parts inventors...would be new sunvisor mounting hardware that allows the sunvisors to pivot to the sides. Anyone ever looked into a swap from another car that would work on our 914s?
TheCabinetmaker
I've seen it done. Guy took a visor to an import salvage and found one that was the right size
bandjoey
The movable ones have a 3 screw hole base. Our 1 screw attaching point would pull out I think. Also the visor needs to be thin to fit under the targa. Enening Mikey's new visors are a little thick. Suggestions welcome.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.