Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Question about gravity brake bleeding
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
rosenfe
Pmb recommends gravity brake bleeding,any opinions about this method?
Harpo
I have heard of manual, power & vacuum brake breeding but never gravity bleeding.

David
rosenfe
QUOTE(Harpo @ Aug 27 2014, 02:50 PM) *

I have heard of manual, power & vacuum brake breeding but never gravity bleeding.

David

Check pmb website under tech tips
DRPHIL914
i used it , and it seemed to help get a lot of the air out of the system.
but i had some other issues. - note- you have to set the rear venting clearance - i ended up taking it to a local shop to do that and they power bled them.
zipedadoo
I rebuilt the rear calipers and used the gravity method to bleed the system. Worked great. Setting the venting clearance is easy too.

pcar916
It works. The only issue is that it leaves the system open to air/moisture for longer than I'd like. I'll take pressure bleeding any time.
wndsrfr
QUOTE(rosenfe @ Aug 27 2014, 12:43 PM) *

Pmb recommends gravity brake bleeding,any opinions about this method?

I got the "Speedbleeders" & really like them......simple, fast, neat. No affiliation.
dlee6204
If I have a dry system I usually start out gravity bleeding initially to prime the system. Then I finish it off the old fashion way.
GeorgeRud
When I replaced my calipers with rebuilt ones (thanks Eric), I had a heck of a time getting a firm pedal after bleeding. A long ride on a bumpy road followed by pressure bleeding finally did the trick for me, but gravity bleeding is certainly an easy, safe way to bleed the brakes as well. In the long run, whatever works to get rid of air in the system!
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.