Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: New Owner in SoCal
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
jaywood
Just picked up my first Porsche 914. I've been looking for one for almost 6 months now and finally found one that suited what we (dad and I) have been looking for.

1974 Porsche 914 2.0
California car. 3 owner car (AFAIK)
VERY limited rust (even the battery tray is rust free) just a little at the base of the windshield corners
94k original miles. It's been stored since 1984 and just got pulled out for the past few years.
We bought it as "not running" and didn't even bother to try starting when we picked it up, just threw it on the Uhaul and went on our way. Well we got home, and what do you know? It started and I drove it around the parking lot. blink.gif Maybe the owner didn't know what he had? Luckily we bought this thing for a song.

Anyways, we aren't too worried about the engine. We have a spare JDM EJ20 lying around that is just asking to be in a 914. Maybe this is a perfect candidate.

IPB Image

IPB Image

IPB Image
PlantMan
welcome.png
Cool Beans!
Welcome to the club!
jcd914
welcome.png
Cuda911
Congrats!!!!! smile.gif
KELTY360
welcome.png
steuspeed
Cool! The only thing better would be if it was a 6. Nice job! driving.gif
JawjaPorsche
Replace those fuel lines and welcome to the madness!
oldschool
welcome.png very cool when that happens. My old MBZ the guy didn't know why it wouldnt start...I got a new battery and drove it for for a few years... blink.gif
Sfreeman615
welcome.png
PanelBilly
Welcome
Drums66
....WELCOME....
flag.gif bye1.gif
(Plug in the Amp)
green914
Nice find ... welcome.png
ruby914
"We have a spare JDM EJ20 lying around that is just asking to be in a 914."
Off on a good start. welcome.png

popcorn[1].gif
jaywood
Thanks for the kind welcomes guys!

race914
welcome.png

Nice Purchase.

Keep us updated on your project
nine11speedster
welcome.png
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.