Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Pomona Swap Meet
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
bernbomb914
Met VegasRacer at the 914 porsche area this morning. Thanked him for my 914 Licence Plate in person. several nice 914 2/0s one white V8 about seven all together. Strange sighting 3 hudson Essex sedans for sale. I havent seen a Essex in years. Lots of people and cars and parts. You couldnt see everything It is just to BIG. Son in law bought a VW Thing that was towed from Oregan. Now he has a project to keep him busy for a long time. saw Glenn and several porsche guys at their booths. Had a good time.

Bernie driving.gif
Aaron Cox
i was there too!, i met vegas, thanked him for the plate, and he said he had talked to you and some "mike" guy. i musta missed you. i got there at 11 ish and left at 2 ish. nice talkin to ya VEGASRACER. bernbomb, maybe u saw my car, it was the black 73 w/ the rust by the door handle biggrin.gif
Brad Roberts
We used to do lunches right after the Pomona event.. maybe I can make the next event.

There is a Chilis' about 10 minutes up the 10 freeway from Pomona.

I'm sure we could get 10-12 SoCal people to attend a lunch after the swap meet.

B
VegasRacer
QUOTE(acox914 @ Jun 1 2003, 04:34 PM)
i was there too!, i met vegas, thanked him for the plate, and he said he had talked to you and some "mike" guy.

That was our very own MikeD from this BBS. He was trying to sell an orange teener next to the fence.

I guess Dad Roberts was there too. Lurking in the mass of people. Sorry I missed you.

Bernbomb - congrats to the son-in law on the purchase of the Thing. I was going to gloat on having the best score of the day with this find for $15. I'll have to settle for runner-up. A vehicle beats a tool kit every day of the week.

It was great to see all you guys. It is nice to put a face with your avatar.

MikeD I did check out the teener on Latuna Canyon. I spent 3 hours BS ing with the guy at his house estate. He has a total of 12 bays in 4 different garages (all deep enough for 2 teeners) full of boats, trucks, motorcycles, antique cars, 356's, 2 914's and more toys parked outside. He even fed me lunch. The car was very nice but not "THE" right one for me.
Mike D.
Yo "Vegas" (John right?), I still have your copy of the video from 2000. Never did anything with it, Oh well maybe someday.

Did you get a pic of the teener you didn't buy. What was wrong with it? I'm going up that way today to borrow a belt sander from Leamon. He is looking for a quick turn around car because he's got a great running engine. what do you think?

-Mike D. (aka "Some Mike Guy - beer.gif )
Aaron Cox
thats a asteal on the toolkit. i still need the bag part of it tho -_-

nice to finally meet someone from the club
VegasRacer
Sorry no photo. Nothing reall wrong. It was a 76 not a 75 like the guy said. Very very little rust. Still had the original padding in great shape under the carpet in the rear trunk. Freshly rebuilt motor and trans from a diff. car. Some stuff was redone nicely (powder coated etc.) some thinks never touched. Dash was in bad shape. Lots of cracks. Recent orange paint (original color). New seats and carpet. Showed the guy proof that the car had previous minor front end damage even tho he said it had never been wrecked. Really it was a nice car. I just know myself and I would start taking it apart to make everything as correct as the work that was recently done. I don't want a project right now. I am looking for something to drive and enjoy this summer (and many more to come). The car was probably worth close to the 7K the guy was asking. With all his other toys he did not really know this car (or teeners for that matter). Just paid for the new motor and interior and stuck it in a nice body. I was seriously considering it, but when the clutch went out on the test drive it killed the potential sale.
Dad Roberts
Sorry I missed you guys sad.gif . I didn't read my mail til I got home, so I didn't have your number Vegas......maybe next time. I did do something I'm not sure I have ever done before and that was to walk the ENTIRE parts area, and a couple VW/Porsche parts rows too. Course had to tour the Vdub and Porsche cars too.. biggrin.gif . I was home by 11:30. Hope you guys had a great time there.............. Dad driving.gif
bernbomb914
It's hard find anybody in that crowd, I was standing 10 ft away from vegasracer when I called him on the cell. Heard his phone ring we were that close. Bought some Konis red rears for 15.00 dont know how good they are but they had all the parts and rubbers, interior lite for $5.00, engine stand for 35.00, safety wire pliers 10.00 and a louvered engine cover for to much. If you havent been to the Pomona Swap Meet you should go just to see all the cars on display. there must be thousands of every kind of car you can think of.

Bernie driving.gif
seanery
I took my dad last year before I moved back to Indy. He was amazed! We spent most of the time walking the HotRod/Street Rod parts area. He did let me go through the porsche/vw stuff, but by that time it was late and all the good stuff was gone.

I got a hellish sunburn on my noggin. ohmy.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.