Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Pedrini 00 wheels need to fit a later hub
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
bandjoey
I have to replace a bent wheel and picked up a good replacement from BD Stone.
(Thanks!)

I am going to have the 00 Pedrini early wheel cut to fit the later hubs with centering rings. So far in the DFW area I've only found a couple of shops that say they can do this at $125 per wheel. Wheeeeho! dry.gif

That's a little steep for me!

Outside of this, I think my other option is to bolt the wheel to a spare hub, mark the distance to cut out, and dremel tool the opening to a close fit. I know it will still be a lug centric wheel, since I can't cut it exactly to fit and centered. i think it should balance ok. Mayo's Performance here can lug centric balance wheels.

Any suggestions doing this or is there a better way? Anyone done this at home? All suggestions welcome. I've searched many ways and can't find a thread on the actual cutting.

Thanks flag.gif Bill
Mblizzard
$125 is high. I got it done for $40. Don't try and do it yourself. Regardless of what you try it will be a mess. Shop a few machine shops for cheaper costs before trying anything else.
bandjoey
Mike did u use a machine shop or wheel shop? I've been calling just wheel shops. Thanks
Mblizzard
QUOTE(bandjoey @ Aug 29 2014, 01:56 PM) *

Mike did u use a machine shop or wheel shop? I've been calling just wheel shops. Thanks

Machine shops only. Get the tires dismounted and take it to a machine shop. I had my cut 80 mm in diameter and 13 mm deep. Seems to work well you can measure your hubs as I think 79mm would work also.
914Sixer
Machine shops ONLY !!! I usually take a spare wheel so the machinist can measure it with HIS tools, then he can replicate the cut on the replacement wheel..
zambezi
Can't you just put on early rotors.
Dave_Darling
Not without swapping over to some other early parts.

If it's just one wheel, you could put it on the rear. The rear hubs are the same from early to late.

--DD
bandjoey
I'll look into machine shops next week. I have 3 good wheels to cut and one already cut oversized. If I don't do all 4 I can't do a normal tire rotation. I'll find a 4th later on so they're all matching and keep the oversize cut for a spare. Thanks for the info.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.