Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Chrome rockers
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
spunone
Has anybody chromed there rookers is so how do they look??? IPB Image
Aaron Cox
somoene had polished or Stainless rockers. looked way to cool
I just sold my stainless rockers to someone on here. They look really nice! Not sure on chrome though, a little ricey IMHO. Stainless get pretty close without too much bling.
eeyore
Aren't they hidden by a valve cover?
Aaron Cox
QUOTE (Cloudbuster @ Jan 25 2005, 12:55 PM)
Aren't they hidden by a valve cover?

IPB Image LOL... rocker panels
JmuRiz
QUOTE (1973914 @ Jan 25 2005, 11:52 AM)
I just sold my stainless rockers to someone on here. They look really nice! Not sure on chrome though, a little ricey IMHO. Stainless get pretty close without too much bling.

I remember those, they were heavy suckers!
Be prepared, if you were to go polished stainless or chrome they'll weigh a lot.
DougC
I've thought about making some in aluminum.. would be really easy until you get to the end parts.

Doug C
Mueller
QUOTE (spunone @ Jan 25 2005, 12:44 PM)
Has anybody chromed there rookers is so how do they look??? IPB Image

they look cheesy.....might as well add some chrome fender lips while your at it IPB Image oh yea, don't forget the curb feelers, LOL
spunone
Curb feelers IPB Image YEAH now we're Talking LOL
Jake Raby
spunone, make us some aluminum ones..If anyone can its you!
spunone
Sorry to busy makin venturis for a new Project IPB Image
TJB/914
Chrome Rockers on Rick's old car (he sold it)

Tom
TJB/914
another
GWN7
I like those....it picks up the reflection of the ground making the car seem narrower in the middle. I wonder how they would look in sunlight?
vortrex
makes it look like 6" more clearance since you are seeing the ground reflected to it.
I think I'd want the front and rear valence panels to match the rockers, but then it'd be way too much bling.....
TJB/914
BTW
Notice the green 914 behind Ricks car!!!!!

It's Karl's car with the fiberglass painted bumper tops. He makes them, but I understand he is out of production due to family issue's. You sould see his bumper tops painted flat/matt black. Can't tell from original (really, really nice). I understand when Karl gets back in business they will have a slight curved line in the middle like the original.

Now I know you guys are reaching for your check book so I wish Karl would get them on the market.

Tom
ninefourteener
I had a brushed aluminum rocker on my last 914... didn't look "too" bad (pic attached)

I also bought a set of nice chrome ones for my current teener.... looked like crap..... the chrome was just too much for a darker colored car, so I sold them immediately. Plus, if your wheels aren't perfectly chromed, it looks dumb.

Oranges, yellows, whites..... Maybe

Greens, blues, etc...... No way
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.