Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Turn signal indicator lights
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
drbill
Got my 1974 2.0 back from the paint shop recently and am putting it all back together (photos soon, I promise!). I'm sorting out some electrical issues and the last one is the turn signal indicators in the dash cluster. When pulling the hazard switch, both arrows flash. When engaging the left turn signals, both arrows flash. When engaging the right turn, neither arrow flashes. I had a spare relay and replaced it to no avail. I'm putting a trickle charger on the battery to be sure I have a full charge, so I'll try that tomorrow.
Any other ideas?
What should they do? Both flash for right or left turn or flash individually?

Thanks,
Bill
partwerks
I believe on left, right, and hazards, both arrows flash.

Do the signals themselves function?
doug_b_928
Wow, I always thought mine was broken. On signalling the appropriate arrow would flash a few times and then both arrows would start flashing.
drbill
QUOTE(partwerks @ Aug 31 2014, 05:07 AM) *

I believe on left, right, and hazards, both arrows flash.

Do the signals themselves function?

Yes, the signals function well. They seems to working now as you say. Both arrows flash for right, left and hazard. I think the battery charge was a bit low. The Tech Tips book mentioned that....

Thanks,
Bill
914bub
QUOTE(doug_b_928 @ Aug 31 2014, 07:29 AM) *

Wow, I always thought mine was broken. On signalling the appropriate arrow would flash a few times and then both arrows would start flashing.

Mine does the same thing.
era vulgaris
QUOTE(doug_b_928 @ Aug 31 2014, 10:29 AM) *

Mine does the same thing also.
partwerks
I'm wondering why any would flash if it was too low, but then maybe I am thinking too much. blink.gif
Spoke
QUOTE(drbill @ Aug 31 2014, 01:37 AM) *

Got my 1974 ... both arrows flash.

I believe the 74 had the single indicator for L or R. However, maybe you have an early tach with individual R and L indicators.

Please see below the basic circuits for turnsignals for early and late cars. Follow wires to make sure they are connected as shown below.

This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.