Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Black paint for Fuch's
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
tomrev
I'm sure the info is here, but search couldn't get me there. I am cleaning up my 7 by 16 in. Fuchs, and would like to respray the black centers. Would like to match the satin finish of original, and wonder what paint products others have tried. Did you re-prime, or use a thin coat of self etching primer before the black, or will a clean, and light scrubby rub be enough before the finish spray. Thanks!
Big Len
I didn't re-prime, just cleaned the crap out of them. After masking, scuffed them up with either a scotch brite pad or 440 sandpaper. Cleaned all dust with a tack cloth, then used Duplicolor satin spray with a couple of coats of clear after. Came out very nice.
tomrev
QUOTE(Big Len @ Sep 1 2014, 04:05 AM) *

I didn't re-prime, just cleaned the crap out of them. After masking, scuffed them up with either a scotch brite pad or 440 sandpaper. Cleaned all dust with a tack cloth, then used Duplicolor satin spray with a couple of coats of clear after. Came out very nice.

Thanks Len!
Cuda911
They didn't come painted black. They came shiny. So, that isn't "original" that you are matching.

Personally, I think the original shiny looks WAY better than painted.
tomrev
QUOTE(Cuda911 @ Sep 1 2014, 07:51 AM) *

They didn't come painted black. They came shiny. So, that isn't "original" that you are matching.

Personally, I think the original shiny looks WAY better than painted.

I beg to differ; these are 7 by 16, from 911, and 944. They are factory satin black centers, with polished outer, very common.
Cuda911
^^ Ah, ok, if they are from 911's, yes, you are correct. The 914 ones are shiny.
Cap'n Krusty
As usual, information missing from the help request resulted in otherwise correct but nevertheless unsatisfactory replies. Learn from this experience! GIGO!

The Cap'n
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.