Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: stock 2.0 d-jet...
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
mattillac
is anyone here running their stock 2.0 djet injection with more compression as in euro pistons or a little more displacement due to a rebuild and some bored out cylinders?
Mueller
euro pistons are no problem, they only raise the compression from 8:1 to 8.5:1 (or something close enough to those numbers)

...a few people are running 2056's and slightly larger and I know one person running a 2.4 , tweaking of the MPS is needed and not a trivial job if you've never done it........

it's an aggressive cam that is more of an issue with the stock fuel injection....
Bleyseng
I run a 2056 with the Djet, stock grind but 42x38 valves and porting. The porting caused the most problems and had to tune the MPS. But got more hp too!

Geoff
mattillac
QUOTE (Bleyseng @ Jan 25 2005, 01:49 PM)
I run a 2056 with the Djet, stock grind but 42x38 valves and porting. The porting caused the most problems and had to tune the MPS. But got more hp too!

Geoff

without the port work you've done, do you think the djet would have been ok unadjusted? i dont have the tools and i doubt that i have the patience to adjust the MPS. IPB Image
silver2.0
I am also running a 2056, with euro style pistons. No problems, stock valves. Runs like it was made that way from the factory. Just don't go tweakin' too much!
Bleyseng
Yes, but I recommend that everyone learn how to adjust their MPS and go to a dyno and set it all up after all mods are done. Why?, this is to make sure the A/F mix is spot on for YOUR motor and so you don't burn it up.
We are dealing with 25-30 parts here so they need alittle attention.

Geoff IPB Image
r_towle
QUOTE (Mueller @ Jan 25 2005, 01:45 PM)
...I know one person running a 2.4 , tweaking of the MPS is needed and not a trivial job if you've never done it........

WHO???

Rich
Mueller
forget the dudes name, his car was the really clean red 914 featured in Excellance last year...the full article was posted here a while back

might be this car behind Trekkors car....

IPB Image
mattillac
nice lookin' cars! IPB Image
r_towle
QUOTE (Mueller @ Jan 25 2005, 06:43 PM)
forget the dudes name, his car was the really clean red 914 featured in Excellance last year...the full article was posted here a while back

might be this car behind Trekkors car....

IPB Image

anyone have a copy of that article?

Rich
Mueller
I couldn't find it here, must have been deleted....no hard copy at home, I gave away my old issues.....
JoeSharp
I'm at that point myself. I have a 2056 with porting and cam. Got the MPS ready to tune, have an LM1. Just havent got to it. Maybe next week. IPB Image
Joe
Bleyseng
Joe,
1.Get ahold of a Wavetek to calibrate where the machine stop hits the diaphram, note the reading.
2.Remove the expoxy plug carefully. Screw in the machined stop softly til it stops. Pick out ALL of the expoxy stuck in the fine threads and then back out the machined stop. Clean the threads some more so it threads in nicely.
3.Start engine (should be warm already) hook up the LM 1 and adjust the inner screw to 13.7 to 1 @ 25 rpms. Should have to turn it a 1/4 turn or so.
4.Screw in the WOT machined stop and adjust to the noted calibration. Check the A/F at WOT by doing it in quick runs and resetting the machined stop. Use the Wavetek because in the end the machined stop MUST be in contact with the diaphram at rest or you WILL blow it out in short order.
5. Expoxy the machined stop in so it doesn't move. and note the final readings on the Wavetek so you can reproduce this again if you have to adjust another MPS.

Geoff BTDT

IPB Image
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.