Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Bump Steer Kit
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Jetsetsurfshop
These spacers are not factory, correct? I just bought a Bump steer kit and found this when I removed the shield. I've had that shield off 10 times and didn't take note. Duh

jim_hoyland
I the car lowered ?
Jetsetsurfshop
It is lowered. Behaves badly under hard braking on the track. Bought a bump steer kit to help, then discovered there was one already there. Also noticed that the drivers shock has no travel, passenger one does, although limited. Ideas?
Mike Bellis
Has the car been corner balanced? If not, do so.
Andyrew
QUOTE(Jetsetsurfshop @ Aug 31 2014, 08:15 PM) *

It is lowered. Behaves badly under hard braking on the track. Bought a bump steer kit to help, then discovered there was one already there. Also noticed that the drivers shock has no travel, passenger one does, although limited. Ideas?

If the shock has no travel, then its either adjusted to heavy or something is wrong with it. Pull both and inspect. If adjustable adjust them similar. What is your suspension setup?
Jetsetsurfshop
Have attempted to corner balance. Right front corner (if I remember correctly) was a little light.

As far as the shock go, I think theres something wrong with it. I have 1976 911 struts with Bilstens. They were new two years ago. I'm going to put it and inspect. There is some oil seeping from out of the top. I wonder If I added to much oil in there when I installed it.
We also have it adjusted pretty low. At tracks like Homestead it amazing, at Sebring, not so much. I don't thing its to low. Heres a pic.
ChrisFoley
Yes it's too low.
SirAndy
Btw., i really hate those rack spacer bump steer kits.

I prefer the extensions that go on the tie rod ends and leave the steering rack in it's original location.
smile.gif
ChrisFoley
QUOTE(SirAndy @ Sep 2 2014, 12:16 PM) *

I prefer the extensions that go on the tie rod ends and leave the steering rack in it's original location.
smile.gif

That would require actually measuring the bump steer. unsure.gif
SirAndy
QUOTE(Racer Chris @ Sep 2 2014, 10:30 AM) *
QUOTE(SirAndy @ Sep 2 2014, 12:16 PM) *

smile.gif
That would require actually measuring the bump steer. unsure.gif

I've had pretty good results with just eyeballing it. biggrin.gif

http://www.tarett.com/items/911-products/9...rbsk-detail.htm

IPB Image

Jetsetsurfshop
I have no idea what bump steer looks or feels like. Almost all my track days are at Sebring. I'm I getting bump steer or is it more like bumping and steering? huh.gif
I have access to an alignment rack, Should I drive my car up on it and see if the tie rods are level? I guess the real question is how to measure bump steer?
Thanks as always...
Jetsetsurfshop
QUOTE(Racer Chris @ Sep 2 2014, 06:17 AM) *

Yes it's too low.

Different pic without the right side tires not loaded up. Still think its to low?
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.