Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: 1973 1.7L vacuum line image
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
jacksun
hi,

I have not been able to find a diagram or image of the vacuum lines for

a 1.7l 1973. was hoping that some one might have an image

that I could use as a guide. my vacuum lines were not on the car to where

I would be able to copy the images I took.

the pelican diagrams were not for 1.7L.

tks

randal
Mike Bellis
Bookmark this page...

Jeff Bowlsby
http://bowlsby.net/914/Classic/
jacksun
thank you for the link

will read up

r

stinkindiesel
I've been in the same boat recently. Bowlsby's site is full of good info, but he only has 1970-71 1.7 and 1973 2.0 vacuum diagrams. Your 1973 1.7 is going to be somewhere in between.

In my 1973 1.7, for example, I found one of the vacuum hoses from the distributor vacuum advance goes to a short Y between the aux fuel regulator and the air box rather than directly to the air box as shown in the 70-71 diagram.

The 70-71 diagram is also missing the decel valve connections your car will have.

Wish I could tell you there was a diagram out there that would show you exactly how things were connected, hose lengths required, and how those hoses were routed, but there isn't. If my car was original enough to use as a template, I'd try to throw something together. As it is, I have some of the same questions you probably do.

Gary
Cap'n Krusty
QUOTE(stinkindiesel @ Sep 1 2014, 01:27 PM) *

I've been in the same boat recently. Bowlsby's site is full of good info, but he only has 1970-71 1.7 and 1973 2.0 vacuum diagrams. Your 1973 1.7 is going to be somewhere in between.

In my 1973 1.7, for example, I found one of the vacuum hoses from the distributor vacuum advance goes to a short Y between the aux fuel regulator and the air box rather than directly to the air box as shown in the 70-71 diagram.

The 70-71 diagram is also missing the decel valve connections your car will have.

Wish I could tell you there was a diagram out there that would show you exactly how things were connected, hose lengths required, and how those hoses were routed, but there isn't. If my car was original enough to use as a template, I'd try to throw something together. As it is, I have some of the same questions you probably do.

Gary

That's not true. On a '73 1.7, the vacuum advance hose goes from the throttle body to the distributor, as does the retard hose. That tee on the AAR coupler attaches to a hose to the decel valve which is attached to one of the screws holding the MPS in place.

The Cap'n
stinkindiesel
The Cap'n is right, as usual. That's what I get for relying on my fading memory. I knew there was a hose there, but got the destination wrong.

Gary
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.