Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Replacing Floor?
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
CptTripps
Here's my delema. I think I may want to replace the floorboards in this car, but I don't want to 'disturb' the PO's repair job. OK, It's not perfect, but it's holding. I'm just wondering what I'll get into when I take this out, and find 100 other things that are wrong. THEN, if I do the rear floor, do I do the front too? If I'm going through the effort...you all know what I mean. Anywho...here are some pics.

IPB Image

IPB Image

IPB Image

The rear-lower firewall....just for good measure.

IPB Image

IPB Image

Thoughts?

BTW: Got a new welder today...Harbor freight has one on sale this week for 199 with the gas hookup. My old one is on eBay. =)
ArtechnikA
QUOTE (CptTripps @ Jan 25 2005, 05:32 PM)
...Harbor freight has one on sale this week for 199 with the gas hookup...

you got a part number for the HF welder ? saw some in that range but none seemed to come with the regulator...
CptTripps
QUOTE (ArtechnikA @ Jan 25 2005, 05:42 PM)
QUOTE (CptTripps @ Jan 25 2005, 05:32 PM)
...Harbor freight has one on sale this week for 199 with the gas hookup...

you got a part number for the HF welder ? saw some in that range but none seemed to come with the regulator...

This one...

http://www.harborfreight.com/cpi/ctaf/Disp...itemnumber=6271

I was wrong...it's only 175.00 No reg...but I can add a tank to it, and that's a LOT more than I can say for mine right now.
SirAndy
QUOTE (CptTripps @ Jan 25 2005, 02:32 PM)
Anywho...here are some pics.

you probably know my answer already ...

if you do it, do it right!

the floorpans are available from RD. they're not too difficult to put in. you'll have original seat mounts again. it'll be brand spanking new!

and i even give you a TIP, completely free of charge:

fix the leaking rear window!!!

that's where all that rust came from in the first place ...
IPB Image Andy
IronHillRestorations
IPB Image

On both accounts.

Don't keep that ugly looking shade tree repair. If the car is worth fixing do it right!

If there's no corrosion forward of the lateral crossmember then get the rear pan half kit with the seat braces and do it right. If the pan is rusty and perforated forward of the lateral brace and you need to do the whole pan, I prefer the left and right pan halves. You've got options depending on your degree of pain.

And do what the Andymeister says about the rear glass.
ArtechnikA
QUOTE (CptTripps @ Jan 25 2005, 05:49 PM)
http://www.harborfreight.com/cpi/ctaf/Disp...itemnumber=6271

I was wrong...it's only 175.00 No reg...but I can add a tank to it...

that URL comes up at $199 for me, but it's still a good deal ...

thanks
CptTripps
QUOTE (9146986 @ Jan 25 2005, 06:42 PM)
And do what the Andymeister says about the rear glass.

Already pulled it out and stripped the seal out. I planned on getting that seal kit that AA has. Maybe I'll even spring for a professional installation on all the glass. IPB Image

Sold my old welder on eBay in 20min! IPB Image

Went to HF to get a new one tonight....closed 10min before I got there! IPB Image

Looks like I'll be ordering floor-pans in the next few days.

How does the lower firewall look? I thought it looked pretty good.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.