Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Remote electric water pump
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
partwerks
I'm not exactly sure what would have to be the GPM of the remote, electric water pump, for an LS3? I was thinking I needed something to house the thermostat also?

http://www.summitracing.com/search/part-ty...d=water%20pumps

speed metal army
I use the Meziere supplied by rengade. 55gpm hose in hose out (3/4") keeps it cool, fans rarely fire up. Good stuff. You can buy a remote thermostat housing with hose connections too. I eventually pulled my t stat and run without one now. The car never gets driven in cold weather and it can make burping the system a little more of a pain(if youre impatient like me happy11.gif )
chads74
I have been wanting to install one of these. Does anyone have pictures of one installed? How do you like the set up? Do they run at a constant psi or is ot like a belt driven that changes with rpm?

Sorry for all the questions I am still learning all this stuff.
speed metal army
It just runs, no surging with power. Use a relay for sure.
Mike Bellis
I run this one. Super quiet and works great. I have it mounted in front next to the radiator.

http://www.summitracing.com/parts/emp-e389a-bk14/overview/

Click to view attachment
Mike Bellis
When I first installed it. Simple, in line.

Click to view attachment
speed metal army
QUOTE(Mike Bellis @ Sep 3 2014, 08:35 PM) *

When I first installed it. Simple, in line.

Click to view attachment

Mike! Clean up that wiring! biggrin.gif
What kind of flowrate does that pump offer? I like the brushless motor.
Mike Bellis
QUOTE(speed metal army @ Sep 3 2014, 08:52 PM) *

I know... I had to hot wire it (old water pump) in October and never cleaned it up. sad.gif

Pump is 55 GPM. I also have two 1/8" holes drilled in my thermostat to keep water moving when cold.
speed metal army
QUOTE(Mike Bellis @ Sep 3 2014, 08:59 PM) *

QUOTE(speed metal army @ Sep 3 2014, 08:52 PM) *

I know... I had to hot wire it (old water pump) in October and never cleaned it up. sad.gif

Pump is 55 GPM. I also have two 1/8" holes drilled in my thermostat to keep water moving when cold.

I actually pulled my t stat.. Pain in the butt. 55 GPM? Like it. The Meziere is pretty big, but has worked for me really well so far.
To the OP, Moroso also offers a cool E pump that has been used by some of my buddies. Really good results there too.
Mike Bellis
QUOTE(speed metal army @ Sep 3 2014, 09:07 PM) *

I actually pulled my t stat.. Pain in the butt. 55 GPM? Like it. The Meziere is pretty big, but has worked for me really well so far.
To the OP, Moroso also offers a cool E pump that has been used by some of my buddies. Really good results there too.

I had a CSI which is exactly like a Meziere. It worked good but was super loud and getting louder when I replaced it. The Stewart was the only one that was a true in line pump. Not cheap but works awesome.
partwerks
Where does the thermostat enter the picture at?? I thought it had a separate housing?

I never thought about mounting it in the front trunk, but might be a good idea.
Mike Bellis
QUOTE(partwerks @ Sep 3 2014, 09:52 PM) *

Where does the thermostat enter the picture at?? I thought it had a separate housing?

I never thought about mounting it in the front trunk, but might be a good idea.

The thermostat is part of the engine cooling system. Usually it's in a radiator hose fitting or similar. It is a thermostatic valve that opens with heat. It helps to warm up the engine faster when cold. Some people remove them for increased flow. There are a bunch of different theories about if you should run one or not. In my car, the engine always runs too cool, so I run one to keep the temps up.
partwerks
Something like this?
http://www.speedwaymotors.com/Weiand-7134W...using,1295.html
BIGKAT_83
Here's oneThermostat housing
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.